General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Test Results (OT)

Started by jmcquown · · Last activity · 64 posts · 1,566 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 July 2005
Last activity
11 July 2005
Original author
jmcquown
Posts
64
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,566
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 64
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. jmcquown said:
    Damsel said:
    Nancy Young said:


    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote

    > I'm going back Monday afternoon to discuss it and get a referral or
    > further
    > tests if necessary. Whatever it is, be it neuromuscular or
    > pulmonary, I just want it fixed if possible. If not possible I'll
    > update my Will (anyone
    > want anything? Not that I have anything LOL)

    Hey, can I have your freezer?

    nancy (interested)

    I've got dibs on her car! I'll have to learn to drive a manual
    transmission, but hey, the car's free!

    Carol

    You want the dining nook *and* the car?! Sheesh! Okay, maybe I'll teach
    you to drive a stick before I die 🙂

    Jill

    Whadaya mean teach her to drive a stick... she's a trollop ain't she?
    I hope your heap has a sliding moon roof... trollops gotta have
    somewhere to stretch their legs. hehe

    Sheldon

  2. jmcquown said:
    Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:

    Damsel wrote on 08 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> said:

    >
    > "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote
    >
    >> I'm going back Monday afternoon to discuss it and get a
    >> referral or further
    >> tests if necessary. Whatever it is, be it neuromuscular or
    >> pulmonary, I just want it fixed if possible. If not possible
    >> I'll update my Will (anyone
    >> want anything? Not that I have anything LOL)
    >
    > Hey, can I have your freezer?
    >
    > nancy (interested)

    I've got dibs on her car! I'll have to learn to drive a manual
    transmission, but hey, the car's free!

    Carol

    I'll give your cat a good home....but not the bird.

    What's wrong with my bird?! She's adorable, pretty, chirps and plays with
    her toys. She's a sweet little parrot!

    Jill

    His beer can won't fit up her butt... <g>

    Sheldon

  3. Bob said:

    The arrhythmia isn't life-threatening,
    and is apparently not even worthy of grave concern. So the only treatment
    needed is for the SYMPTOMS, rather than the underlying cause. I'm sure your
    symptoms will be fairly easy to treat.

    Sure, write her a scrip for codiene, enough so she's totally numb, like
    YOU, numbskull. WTF do you think she's going to doctors and undergoing
    testing... she coulda just pulled a Bob, and keep perpetually
    inebriated on cheap booze. Of course ya gotta find out WHY! What a
    MORON.

    Sheldon

  4. Sheldon wrote on 09 Jul 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    His beer can won't fit up her butt... <g>

    Sheldon

    Very true Sheldon

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  5. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Some of you may know I had a Holter monitor (my own personal
    echocardiogram)
    attached earlier this week for a period of 24-hour monitoring. I got a
    message from the doctor's office a while ago. "You have some minor
    arrhythmias but it's nothing to worry about and doesn't require treatment
    unless it continues to bother you." Uh... it IS bothering me, that's why
    I
    had the test in the first place! I called back and left a message because
    I'm really not sure what to think.

    Meanwhile, I continue to have pain radiating from my shoulder down my left
    arm and since the test the somewhat disconcerting feeling of my left arm
    going "to sleep" periodically, which is really annoying. (Don't you hate
    that tingling pins & needles feeling?!)

    At any rate, I still don't know much of anything. I'm going in on Monday
    afternoon to discuss this further with my doctor.

    Jill

    Jill,
    Did they give you any information as to what may be the cause?
    Not to sound like a panic monger, but really, push them until you've
    satisfied yourself that they've been thorough. There are plenty of cases of
    women having heart disease and heart attacks that have been missed because
    of doctors who think the female body should respond the same as the male
    body.
    Please keep us updated!
    I'll be keeping you in my prayer and sending good thoughts 🙂

    kimberly

  6. "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Sheldon said:
    Damsel said:

    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> said:

    > Meanwhile, I continue to have pain radiating from my shoulder down my
    > left
    > arm and since the test the somewhat disconcerting feeling of my left
    > arm
    > going "to sleep" periodically, which is really annoying. (Don't you
    > hate
    > that tingling pins & needles feeling?!)

    Sure sounds like a pinched nerve in your neck to me, Jill. Sometimes,
    physical therapy can help, other times, the treatment of choice is
    surgery.
    Hopefully, it won't come to that, but if it does, there's a sweetie in
    RFC
    who can offer you some reassurances.

    Yeah, but... a pinched nerve does not cause arrhythmia ( : an
    alteration in rhythm of the heartbeat either in time or force). Of
    course one can simultaneously have a pinched nerve AND a pulmonary
    condition. I would seek a second opinion, from a Cardiologist.

    That's, "Yabutt." Didn't you ever learn how to spell? Sheesh! ;-)

    The simultaneous thing is what was going through my pea brain when I
    posted
    that. My sciatic nerve is misbehaving again, so of course, a pinched
    nerve
    is the first thing I thought of. Do cardiac problems cause numbness and
    tingling?

    Carol

    Yes, they can, Carol. My mom had similar symptoms as Jill, and was told,
    like Jill, that it was nothing to worry about. She ended up needing a
    quintuple bypass.
    I hope that isn't the case here, of course!

    kimberly

  7. Nexis said:

    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Some of you may know I had a Holter monitor (my own personal
    echocardiogram)
    attached earlier this week for a period of 24-hour monitoring. I got a
    message from the doctor's office a while ago. "You have some minor
    arrhythmias but it's nothing to worry about and doesn't require treatment
    unless it continues to bother you." Uh... it IS bothering me, that's why
    I
    had the test in the first place! I called back and left a message because
    I'm really not sure what to think.

    Meanwhile, I continue to have pain radiating from my shoulder down my left
    arm and since the test the somewhat disconcerting feeling of my left arm
    going "to sleep" periodically, which is really annoying. (Don't you hate
    that tingling pins & needles feeling?!)

    At any rate, I still don't know much of anything. I'm going in on Monday
    afternoon to discuss this further with my doctor.

    Jill,
    Did they give you any information as to what may be the cause?
    Not to sound like a panic monger, but really, push them until you've
    satisfied yourself that they've been thorough. There are plenty of cases of
    women having heart disease and heart attacks that have been missed because
    of doctors who think the female body should respond the same as the male
    body.
    Please keep us updated!
    I'll be keeping you in my prayer and sending good thoughts 🙂

    Me too... I'd much rather Jill's bra with her in it.

  8. Nexis said:

    "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Some of you may know I had a Holter monitor (my own personal
    echocardiogram)
    attached earlier this week for a period of 24-hour monitoring. I
    got a message from the doctor's office a while ago. "You have some
    minor arrhythmias but it's nothing to worry about and doesn't
    require treatment unless it continues to bother you." Uh... it IS
    bothering me, that's why I
    had the test in the first place! I called back and left a message
    because I'm really not sure what to think.

    Meanwhile, I continue to have pain radiating from my shoulder down
    my left arm and since the test the somewhat disconcerting feeling of
    my left arm going "to sleep" periodically, which is really annoying.
    (Don't you hate that tingling pins & needles feeling?!)

    At any rate, I still don't know much of anything. I'm going in on
    Monday afternoon to discuss this further with my doctor.

    Jill

    Jill,
    Did they give you any information as to what may be the cause?
    Not to sound like a panic monger, but really, push them until you've
    satisfied yourself that they've been thorough. There are plenty of
    cases of women having heart disease and heart attacks that have been
    missed because of doctors who think the female body should respond
    the same as the male body.
    Please keep us updated!
    I'll be keeping you in my prayer and sending good thoughts 🙂

    kimberly

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push this.
    Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the tingling thing
    (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am having trouble
    sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not cardiac, then tell me what
    the problem with my arm is, please, and treat it.

    Jill

  9. Sheldumb said:

    Sure, write her a scrip for codiene, enough so she's totally numb, like
    YOU, numbskull. WTF do you think she's going to doctors and undergoing
    testing... she coulda just pulled a Bob, and keep perpetually
    inebriated on cheap booze. Of course ya gotta find out WHY! What a
    MORON.

    What the doctor wrote indicated that he believed the symptoms were caused by
    the arrhythmia. (You remember the doctor, right? He's in the profession
    that your mother wanted you to join, but you chose to be the butt-boy of the
    Sixth Fleet instead.)

    By the way, I see you still have problems spelling. The correct spelling of
    the drug you seem to ingest all-too-often is "codeine."

    (Sorry Sheldon had to bring his vitriol into this thread too, Jill.)

    Bob

  10. jmcquown said:

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push this.
    Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the tingling thing
    (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am having trouble
    sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not cardiac, then tell me what
    the problem with my arm is, please, and treat it.

    Hang in there, Jill. The weekend's half over. You've gotta be going nuts.
    Why do they do things like leaving ambiguous phone messages right before
    closing up shop on Fridays? Here's hoping that it's not your heart and is
    very treatable.

    Carol and Crash

  11. Damsel said:
    jmcquown said:

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push
    this. Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the
    tingling thing (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am
    having trouble sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not
    cardiac, then tell me what the problem with my arm is, please, and
    treat it.

    Hang in there, Jill. The weekend's half over. You've gotta be going
    nuts. Why do they do things like leaving ambiguous phone messages
    right before closing up shop on Fridays? Here's hoping that it's not
    your heart and is very treatable.

    Carol and Crash

    Thanks both of you and everyone else who has expressed concern. I
    appreciate it!

    Jill

  12. jill wrote on 7/10/2005:

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks both of you and everyone else who has expressed concern. I
    appreciate it!

    Quoted message said:

    Jill

    Hey - I'm concerned too. If I knew where to send it - I'd send you some
    Swiffers - death bed conversion. Nothing like nifty cleaning products
    to take your mind off of your cardiac condition.

  13. Kevin_Sheehy said:

    jill wrote on 7/10/2005:

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks both of you and everyone else who has expressed concern. I
    appreciate it!

    Quoted message said:

    Jill

    Hey - I'm concerned too. If I knew where to send it - I'd send you
    some Swiffers - death bed conversion. Nothing like nifty cleaning
    products to take your mind off of your cardiac condition.

    How about you send me a maid, instead? 😉

    Jill

  14. jmcquown wrote (today, I think):

    Quoted message said:

    How about you send me a maid, instead? 😉

    OK, the maid's name is Kevinetto. She's supposed to go somewhere in
    10-A-C (or so I recall).

    [Jill M. - a bit of a [censored], but kind of an endearing [censored]]

    Regards - Really! Get well.

  15. Kevin_Sheehy said:

    jmcquown wrote (today, I think):

    Quoted message said:

    How about you send me a maid, instead? 😉

    OK, the maid's name is Kevinetto. She's supposed to go somewhere in
    10-A-C (or so I recall).

    [Jill M. - a bit of a [censored], but kind of an endearing [censored]]


    Gee, thanks! I'm actually a trollop so you'd better get it straight! 🙂

    Quoted message said:

    Regards - Really! Get well.

    Thank you.

    Jill

  16. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Damsel said:
    jmcquown said:

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push
    this. Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the
    tingling thing (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am
    having trouble sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not
    cardiac, then tell me what the problem with my arm is, please, and
    treat it.

    Hang in there, Jill. The weekend's half over. You've gotta be going
    nuts. Why do they do things like leaving ambiguous phone messages
    right before closing up shop on Fridays? Here's hoping that it's not
    your heart and is very treatable.

    Carol and Crash

    Thanks both of you and everyone else who has expressed concern. I
    appreciate it!

    I do hope it turns out ok Jill. I have pains in my left arm and shoulder
    and had tests for heart. It turned out to be arthiritis. I take pain
    killers which keeps it usually under control

    Ophelia

  17. jmcquown said:

    Gee, thanks! I'm actually a trollop so you'd better get it straight! 🙂

    You're welcome! I don't hand out this kind of flattery (sincere, of
    course) loosely or everyday.

    Be well.

  18. "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push this.
    Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the tingling thing
    (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am having trouble
    sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not cardiac, then tell me
    what
    the problem with my arm is, please, and treat it.

    Hang in there, Jill. The weekend's half over. You've gotta be going
    nuts.
    Why do they do things like leaving ambiguous phone messages right before
    closing up shop on Fridays? Here's hoping that it's not your heart and is
    very treatable.

    Carol and Crash

    That's a damn good question. Not too long ago I had a whole round of blood
    tests done and here's the message I got on my answering machine at 2:48 on
    Friday: "Kimberly? It's Maria. I'm calling to let you know your tests came
    back today and there was a couple things that have us concerned. If you get
    this before 3, please give us a call back. Otherwise, we'll be back in the
    office by 9 on Monday."
    Ummm...what things? Concerned? Why? How concerned?
    As you can probably surmise, I didn't get the message by 3!

    kimberly

  19. In article <mqeAe.9822$HV1.678@fed1read07>, "Nexis" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push this.
    Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the tingling thing
    (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am having trouble
    sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not cardiac, then tell me
    what
    the problem with my arm is, please, and treat it.

    Hang in there, Jill. The weekend's half over. You've gotta be going
    nuts.
    Why do they do things like leaving ambiguous phone messages right before
    closing up shop on Fridays? Here's hoping that it's not your heart and is
    very treatable.

    Carol and Crash

    That's a damn good question. Not too long ago I had a whole round of blood
    tests done and here's the message I got on my answering machine at 2:48 on
    Friday: "Kimberly? It's Maria. I'm calling to let you know your tests came
    back today and there was a couple things that have us concerned. If you get
    this before 3, please give us a call back. Otherwise, we'll be back in the
    office by 9 on Monday."
    Ummm...what things? Concerned? Why? How concerned?
    As you can probably surmise, I didn't get the message by 3!

    kimberly

    If it'd been something critical, they would have told you to report to
    the local emergency room........ ;-)
    --
    K.

    Sprout the MungBean to reply

    "I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
    see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

  20. In article <mqeAe.9822$HV1.678@fed1read07>, "Nexis" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "Damsel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    I have an appointment to go back on Monday because I have to push this.
    Cardiac or not, my arm is hurting when it's not doing the tingling thing
    (which is a recent development SINCE the test). I am having trouble
    sleeping because I can't get comfortable. If not cardiac, then tell me
    what
    the problem with my arm is, please, and treat it.

    Hang in there, Jill. The weekend's half over. You've gotta be going
    nuts.
    Why do they do things like leaving ambiguous phone messages right before
    closing up shop on Fridays? Here's hoping that it's not your heart and is
    very treatable.

    Carol and Crash

    That's a damn good question. Not too long ago I had a whole round of blood
    tests done and here's the message I got on my answering machine at 2:48 on
    Friday: "Kimberly? It's Maria. I'm calling to let you know your tests came
    back today and there was a couple things that have us concerned. If you get
    this before 3, please give us a call back. Otherwise, we'll be back in the
    office by 9 on Monday."
    Ummm...what things? Concerned? Why? How concerned?
    As you can probably surmise, I didn't get the message by 3!

    kimberly

    That happened to me after my physical two months ago. The receptionist
    had no idea what the original call was about. The next day I finally
    talked to someone who knew something. It turned out that I was given a
    hepatitis A shot instead of a tetanus booster. For some reason, both
    syringes were in the same box in the fridge--dumbdumbdumb. So I had to
    go back and get the tetanus booster. In a few months I have to get the
    2nd hep A shot. The clinic is giving me all of the shots free of charge
    because of the mixup. Of course, they're not giving me free parking for
    the two extra trips down there...

    Jill, ride herd on those guys. Women's heart problems are notoriously
    under-diagnosed because they don't have the same signs as men do.

    OB food: It's SO's night to cook. Steak on the grill, and enough
    leftovers (with luck) for me to make Thai beef salad tomorrow.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.