General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Tanita Body Fat Scale; A bit concerned...

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 286 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 August 2005
Last activity
20 August 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
286
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi Folks. 5'10", 154 lbs, 13% BF. body fat percentage was more or less
    stable for last 6 weeks or so but for the last 10 days my weight has
    been fluctuating like crazy and my fat percentage seems to be
    registering higher than usual; but my weekly average weight hasn't gone
    up hardly. No other signs of rising body fat or anything and when I
    lose appetite and eat less as a result when something like this has
    happened in the past, the fat% reading goes back to its previous lower
    reading & weight stops fluctuating. I keep check on my weight and body
    fat% on a daily basis and track actual changes in body composition
    based on a 10-day exponentially smoothed moving averages to just see
    how they behave from week to week, and I Am thinking that the Tanita
    Body Fat Scale might be acting flaky. Any thoughts??...

    Well I had a little extra time this week, and I had the time to fool
    around with my body comp charts. According to chart, The body fat %
    registers higher recently and weight scale swings when eating heavy for
    1/2-1 week and (but has always returned to lower readings upon eating
    more normally again). No other seemingly signs of body comp changes (as
    far as I can tell), so I decided to track food intake along with weight
    and fat% and the following are the results for the last 2 weeks or so:

    Wgt Fat% Kcal Activity KcalOut Trend Variance
    154.8 12.8 152.08 12.80 3.0
    152.8 12.8 152.16 12.80 0.7
    157.0 13.1 152.64 12.90 4.8
    153.6 13.7 152.74 13.10 1.0
    153.0 13.7 152.76 13.22 0.3
    156.2 13.6 1.75 3,121 153.11 13.28 3.4
    154.6 13.7 2,440 1.50 2,660 153.26 13.34 1.5
    153.7 13.8 4,900 1.63 2,882 153.30 13.49 0.4
    154.8 13.8 4,120 1.50 2,662 153.45 13.63 1.5
    156.2 14.1 2,830 1.50 2,675 153.73 13.77 2.7
    155.0 14.6 2,540 1.50 2,664 153.85 13.90 1.3

    After I spotted the fluctuations, I decided to log my food intake. I
    think I seemed to average about 4000 Kcal/day I didn't think that was
    too bad but the info I have from the BMR Calculators say that I burn
    2900 Kcal a day on average for my activity level. I'm planning on
    starting a fat loss regimen to reduce some inches from my waist, and I
    don't want to see any changes in body composition before starting it.

    Are there any concerns overall?

    "Oil that looks like a chocolate milkshake is VERY VERY BAD."
    Leif

    "If you drain your oil and it looks like a milkshake, you're _____ed."
    Leif

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.