UK and Europe · Public discussion

T520 / A719 rims: nipples / alternatives?

Started by Pete Biggs · · Last activity · 4 posts · 546 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
14 June 2004
Last activity
15 June 2004
Original author
Pete Biggs
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
546
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Are 12mm nipples ok for these Mavic rims or are 16mm
    required?

    Any recommendations for other sub-£30 700c touring rims with
    sockets between walls at spoke holes*?

    * This resists spoke pull-through - see picture at: url:http://www.mavic.com/servlet/srt/mavic/asph-
    prod_fiche?product.id=64&l g=uk

    thanks ~PB

  2. "Pete Biggs" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Are 12mm nipples ok for these Mavic rims or are 16mm
    required?

    Don't know. But I do have A719s on my tourer. Is there
    anything I can usefully measure without too much (any!)
    dismantling that might help you find out?

    tony R.

  3. tony R said:

    "Pete Biggs" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Are 12mm nipples ok for these Mavic rims or are 16mm
    required?

    Don't know. But I do have A719s on my tourer. Is there
    anything I can usefully measure without too much (any!)
    dismantling that might help you find out?

    Thanks Tony but don't worry. The more I think about it, the
    more it seems likely that (normal) 12mm nipples would do.
    Longer nipps are more usually required for v-section rims. I
    don't think any easily-taken measurements would help.

    cheers ~PB

  4. Quoted message said:

    The more I think about it, the more it seems likely that
    (normal) 12mm nipples would do.

    Now confirmed by Peter Chisholm from r.b.t

    ~PB

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.