Anyone have experience with this trike?
SK
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Anyone have experience with this trike?
SK
The Sun EZ-3AL was my first trike. I didn't keep it long. The main reason
that I got rid of it was that because there was only power being applied to
one wheel I was always noticing a pull to one side. This is not a problem
with tadpoles because there is only a single wheel driving the trike. I
imagine that the new Hase delta would also be ok since power is applied to
both wheels.
The EZ-3AL was otherwise ok. I did have a problem with the distributor,
however.
I asked my bike shop to get me an AX (latest model, 27 speeds instead of
24). The distributor shipped us an AL. At the time I didn't know the
difference. I asked the shop why it doesn't have 27 speeds. They called the
distributor who said (at first) that some ship with 24 and some ship with
27. I didn't like that answer. I said I order 27 and I wanted 27. I made a
bunch of calls myself and finally reached someone who said, "You weren't
shipped an AX, you were shipped an AL", and he proceeded to explain the
difference. The whole thing was done badly and left me feeling cheated. It
was not the bike shop's fault. They showed me the order requesting an AX.
This is not a shop that deals with recumbents or trikes so they didn't
realize that they had been sent the wrong thing.
Jeff
"Steve & Sharon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Anyone have experience with this trike?
SK
The Sun EZ-3AL was my first trike. I didn't keep it long. The main reason
that I got rid of it was that because there was only power being applied to
one wheel I was always noticing a pull to one side. This is not a problem
with tadpoles because there is only a single wheel driving the trike. I
imagine that the new Hase delta would also be ok since power is applied to
both wheels.
The EZ-3AL was otherwise ok. I did have a problem with the distributor,
however.
I asked my bike shop to get me an AX (latest model, 27 speeds instead of
24). The distributor shipped us an AL. At the time I didn't know the
difference. I asked the shop why it doesn't have 27 speeds. They called the
distributor who said (at first) that some ship with 24 and some ship with
27. I didn't like that answer. I said I order 27 and I wanted 27. I made a
bunch of calls myself and finally reached someone who said, "You weren't
shipped an AX, you were shipped an AL", and he proceeded to explain the
difference. The whole thing was done badly and left me feeling cheated. It
was not the bike shop's fault. They showed me the order requesting an AX.
This is not a shop that deals with recumbents or trikes so they didn't
realize that they had been sent the wrong thing.
Jeff
"Steve & Sharon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Anyone have experience with this trike?
SK
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.