UK and Europe · Public discussion

Suggestions for Kirby Lonsdale with MTB

Started by Jonathan Schneider · · Last activity · 5 posts · 487 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
23 March 2006
Last activity
23 March 2006
Original author
Jonathan Schneider
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
487
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm in Kirby Lonsdale on April Fools weekend and as a change from
    walking I thought I might throw the mountain bike in the car. I know
    the area a little but mainly from caving, climbing and walking but
    have never been anywhere like it with an MTB. Nor out of East Anglia
    with said machine...

    I'd appreciate a few pointers to easy to moderate rides please.

    Cheers,

    Jon

  2. Don't know Kirkby Lonsdale itself but Settle isn't far if you travelled from east anglia anyway, so thought these links might be useful
    [font=Times New Roman]mtbthedales.org.ukmtbthedales.org.uk[/font]

    [font='Times New Roman']traveldales.org.uknews.cfm[/font]

  3. "Chris Armstrong" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Don't know Kirkby Lonsdale itself but Settle isn't far if you travelled
    from east anglia anyway, so thought these links might be useful
    '::http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/::' (http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/)

    'http://www.traveldales.org.uk/news.cfm?category_id=60'
    (http://www.traveldales.org.uk/news.cfm?category_id=60)

    I was keeping quiet since I thought the OP might like to stay nearer KL, but
    there's definitely some good stuff round Settle, Austwick, Horton, Malham, a
    fair amount of it where I start straight from my house :-)

    Jonathan - you say easy/moderate - can you quantify that at all? Distance?
    amount of hill climbing? Technical difficulty?

    cheers,
    clive

  4. Clive George said:

    Jonathan - you say easy/moderate - can you quantify that at all?
    Distance? amount of hill climbing? Technical difficulty?

    Quantify ? Ohhh not very well. There's the East Anglia element as I
    mentioned, the fact I've only _had_ a mountain bike a matter of
    weeks. On the other hand it has been used, I do cycle regularly on the
    road with a club, am not bad with hills such as we have down here and
    am reasonably lively after a 40 mile road ride. That is I can fall
    asleep on a Sunday afternoon in front of the telly whether or not I
    cycled in the morning !

    So I _do_ want to be exercised and take in some scenery but not find
    myself somewhere scary. I should have two or three half days.

    I said Kirby Lonsdale but yes of course I can drive somewhere first.

    Jon

  5. "Jonathan Schneider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Clive George said:

    Jonathan - you say easy/moderate - can you quantify that at all?
    Distance? amount of hill climbing? Technical difficulty?

    Quantify ? Ohhh not very well. There's the East Anglia element as I
    mentioned, the fact I've only _had_ a mountain bike a matter of
    weeks. On the other hand it has been used, I do cycle regularly on the
    road with a club, am not bad with hills such as we have down here and
    am reasonably lively after a 40 mile road ride. That is I can fall
    asleep on a Sunday afternoon in front of the telly whether or not I
    cycled in the morning !

    So I _do_ want to be exercised and take in some scenery but not find
    myself somewhere scary. I should have two or three half days.

    I said Kirby Lonsdale but yes of course I can drive somewhere first.

    We'll take you for a ride if you want, if you can put up with our speed up
    hills (or lack of it :-) ). When are you up?

    cheers,
    clive

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.