Commuting and Road Safety · Public discussion

Student research on cycling safety accessories

Started by Harriet Eastham · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,797 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Commuting and Road Safety
Published
13 November 2016
Last activity
4 February 2017
Original author
Harriet Eastham
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,797
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello everyone,

    I'm currently undertaking my MSc in Sports Digital and Media Technologies at Loughborough University London. I'm an avid cyclist and have been given the topic of bicycle lights and the target markets that they could have an impact in. It would be very much appreciated if you could take the time to fill out this survey, the questions should take you no more than 5 minutes. If you could share it round as well then I would be very happy!

    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YGVCVVJ

    This survey is not officially from Blaze Bicycles. However, it is in conjunction with the company and the results of the survey will be used in a student project in order to consult with the brand as to which countries they should be targeting and expanding to.

    Many thanks,
    Harriet Eastham

  2. A light that would last 10 years - what technology are you looking to use to power that? Rechargeable batteries are hugely unlikely to work that long.
    Lights powered by spoke magnets aren't strong enough to ride by. Dynohubs - well, then you need one of that. Bottle dynamos aren't that efficient.
    Also, diodes are still getting better. I'm not sure I'd want to pay for 10 year quality if light source development means it'd make sense to replace the lights after - say - 3 years.

  3. The battery thing is the issue, if used nearly daily the new Nimhs don't last as long as the old NiCads, I routinely got 10 to 15 years out of NiCads but the new stuff last about 3 years.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.