UK and Europe · Public discussion

Stolen Cruzbike in Reading

Started by Keith Wootten · · Last activity · 2 posts · 423 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
9 April 2007
Last activity
16 April 2007
Original author
Keith Wootten
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
423
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. A long shot, but...

    My Cruzbike was nicked this evening at around 20:00 from outside a house in
    Maiden Erlegh, Reading. It's very distinctive, a front wheel drive
    recumbent just like this...

    http://www.cruzbike.com/sofrider.html

    ....mine had a seatpost rack with panniers and very bright LED lights. I
    think it's the only prodcuction Cruzbike in the country, being imported from
    Oz via the USA. I was just getting to like it too. I suspect local scrotes
    have trashed it and dumped it in the lake, but in case anyone should see it,
    I'm on [email hidden] without the zeds.

    Cheers
    --
    Keith Wootten

  2. "Keith Wootten" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    A long shot, but...

    My Cruzbike was nicked this evening at around 20:00 from outside a house
    in Maiden Erlegh, Reading. It's very distinctive, a front wheel drive
    recumbent just like this...

    http://www.cruzbike.com/sofrider.html

    ...mine had a seatpost rack with panniers and very bright LED lights. I
    think it's the only production Cruzbike in the country, being imported
    from Oz via the USA. I was just getting to like it too. I suspect local
    scrotes have trashed it and dumped it in the lake, but in case anyone
    should see it, I'm on [email hidden] without the zeds.

    This was last Monday. On Wednesday, I received an email from a denizen of
    this group saying that it had been seen opposite Reading station at around
    19:00 on Tuesday. The security staff at the station confirmed this and
    said that it was played about with for maybe an hour by a couple of 'violent
    looking druggies'.

    I've been round the area several times since on my old treader. I doubt
    that the 'druggies' nicked it directly, it was about three miles away, and
    they would have been noticed. More likely they bought or took it from kids
    who'd nicked it. The station staff said that bikes are stolen from the
    station every day, so I wonder if mine was to be added to the day's haul for
    collection and transportation - it seems unlikely that 'druggies' would have
    any real use for it other than for cash.

    Anyway, thanks to my informant, and if anyone sees a Cruzbike Sofrider
    anywhere, it's very likely stolen - please report it and let me know.

    Thanks
    --
    Keith Wootten

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.