Steel Cut Oats

"Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Yes, it was from Whole Foods. Three little juice boxes. My first
> gingerbread flavor was not great. I think instead of trying the next
> iteration of that, I will see if I can do a pecan pie version. I
> couldn't believe I told my daughter that I missed my oats today. (I am
> having them every other day right now.) I really loathed the Quaker
> stuff... (except for baking).
>
> --
> Jean B.

Thanks, I'll take a look-see. I will have to try these variations, but not
till it's cooler, I just can't even THINK of oatmeal this time of year.

Lynne A
[email protected]

LynneA wrote:

> "Jean B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>Yes, it was from Whole Foods. Three little juice boxes. My first
>>gingerbread flavor was not great. I think instead of trying the next
>>iteration of that, I will see if I can do a pecan pie version. I
>>couldn't believe I told my daughter that I missed my oats today. (I am
>>having them every other day right now.) I really loathed the Quaker
>>stuff... (except for baking).
>>
>>--
>>Jean B.

> Thanks, I'll take a look-see. I will have to try these variations, but not
> till it's cooler, I just can't even THINK of oatmeal this time of year.
>
> Lynne A
> [email protected]

It is a little silly, isn't it? At least I am using the
overnight method--and I could try the microwave method. And
also I'm not quite crazy enough to bake cookies.

--
Jean B.

Okay, I did the deed. Should I just try them plain the first time? Is
the texture less desirable if one uses the soaking method?
--
Jean B.

Packed with soluble fibre, energy-boosting carbs, vitamins and antioxidants, steel cut oats are a super source of daily nutrition that also helps reduce cholesterol.