Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

SRAM power link on Shimano chains

Started by Michael Press · · Last activity · 5 posts · 730 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 June 2004
Last activity
23 June 2004
Original author
Michael Press
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
730
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed chains?

    The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
    chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
    be their lawyers talking...

    The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on this
    NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...

    Thanks, Michael

  2. Michael Press said:

    Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed
    chains?

    The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
    chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
    be their lawyers talking...

    The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on
    this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...

    I don't know about 10-speed, but it's fine on 9-speed. It's
    probably SRAM's marketing people talking, rather than their
    lawyers. They want you to buy a SRAM chain.

  3. Michael Press <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed
    chains?

    The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
    chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
    be their lawyers talking...

    The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on
    this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...


    I'm using a Shimano DA 9 chain with SRAM "gold" 9 powerlink,
    works well on my *mutt* bike, which has Campy 9 ergo
    shifter/Campy 9 rear der, Shimano 9 hub/cassette.....

  4. I use the SRAM Power Link 2 on 9 speed Campagnolo chains
    and 9 speed Shimano chains. I know someone who uses the
    SRAM link on Shimano chains on a tandem that made it
    through PBP 1999.

    Michael Press <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-speed
    chains?

    The package says use on chains other than a coupld SRAM
    chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that may
    be their lawyers talking...

    The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a post on
    this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed chains...

    Thanks, Michael

  5. michael-<< Will an SRAM gold power link work on Shimano 9-
    speed chains?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <BR><BR>

    yes.

    michael<< The package says use on chains other than a coupld
    SRAM chains listed "WILL result in chain failure", but that
    may be their lawyers talking... >><BR><BR>

    garbage-lawyer-speak

    Michael- << The mechanic at my LBS said no, but I recall a
    post on this NG saying it would work on Shimano 10-speed
    chains... >><BR><BR>

    He needs to try it.

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.