General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Southbeach loses on dateline.

Started by PJx · · Last activity · 4 posts · 272 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 October 2004
Last activity
9 October 2004
Original author
PJx
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
272
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. While the dateline weightloss program tonight showed some other
    successful diets, it again failed to illustrate the tremendous success
    that so many (30 million?) on low-carb have attained. I am
    disgusted.

  2. PJx said:

    While the dateline weightloss program tonight showed some other
    successful diets, it again failed to illustrate the tremendous success
    that so many (30 million?) on low-carb have attained. I am
    disgusted.

    Unfortunately, the woman who went on South Beach wasn't terribly motivated.
    That's probably the biggest factor in weight loss success. If one of the
    successful people in the group had been on low-carb, the results would
    likely have been very different.

    Carol
    --
    "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
    'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so pleasant.'
    Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

    *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

  3. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    While the dateline weightloss program tonight showed some other
    successful diets, it again failed to illustrate the tremendous success
    that so many (30 million?) on low-carb have attained. I am
    disgusted.

    I've decided not to even bother watching these types of shows. *I've* ALREADY
    found what works for me and makes me feel great -- I'm not going to be swayed by
    shows like these, especially when the likelihood of results being skewed or
    portrayed in a bad (or good) light at the whim of some producer and/or sponsor is
    so high. Shows like Dateline, Primetime Live and 20/20 are so ... so .... so
    dumbed down and cliched and self-important that I can hardly stand to watch them
    anymore (and, yet, I slavishly watch All My Children -- but they never purport to
    be anything but preposterous to begin with :-)

    --
    Saffire
    205/148/125 - 5'1.5"
    Atkins since 6/14/03
    Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

  4. I watched the same program. It did a good job at being unbiased.
    Unfortunately, the woman doing South Beach cheated a lot whereas the others
    stayed on their chosen programs much more faithfully. So it really wasn't
    a scientific comparison of the plans. But of course people unfamiliar with
    LC might come to the conclusion that South Beach was too difficult to
    follow.

    Saffire said:

    I've decided not to even bother watching these types of shows. *I've* ALREADY
    found what works for me and makes me feel great -- I'm not going to be swayed by
    shows like these, especially when the likelihood of results being skewed or
    portrayed in a bad (or good) light at the whim of some producer and/or sponsor is
    so high. Shows like Dateline, Primetime Live and 20/20 are so ... so .... so
    dumbed down and cliched and self-important that I can hardly stand to watch them
    anymore (and, yet, I slavishly watch All My Children -- but they never purport to
    be anything but preposterous to begin with :-)

    -----
    Bev

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.