Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Site, or Listings, of Torque Values

Started by question man · · Last activity · 5 posts · 566 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 June 2005
Last activity
4 June 2005
Original author
question man
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
566
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. All -

    Thanks to the insight of the people, I went to Sears & purchased a
    torque wrench.

    Now I need a listing of suitable torque values. Is there a website
    with these listed?

    There is no page on the Park Tool site for torque values
    (http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/index.shtml).

    Cheers,

    Phil

  2. question man <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Now I need a listing of suitable torque values. Is there a website
    with these listed?

    For Shimano parts, try http://bike.shimano.com/

  3. uestion man said:

    All -

    Thanks to the insight of the people, I went to Sears & purchased a
    torque wrench.

    Now I need a listing of suitable torque values. Is there a website
    with these listed?

    Google "bicycle torque values". Eventually you'll find this:
    http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/8a.7.html
    There are also many paper books with good information:
    http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/bikebooks.html

    Jeff

  4. On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:05:43 GMT, question man <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    All -

    Thanks to the insight of the people, I went to Sears & purchased a
    torque wrench.

    Now I need a listing of suitable torque values. Is there a website
    with these listed?

    There is no page on the Park Tool site for torque values
    (http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/index.shtml).

    Cheers,

    Phil

    Try this:
    http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/torque.shtml

    Life is Good!
    Jeff

  5. Amongst other things, this page list tightening torques for most components
    on a bicycle:

    http://www.m-gineering.nl/datag.htm

    "question man" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    All -

    Thanks to the insight of the people, I went to Sears & purchased a
    torque wrench.

    Now I need a listing of suitable torque values. Is there a website
    with these listed?

    There is no page on the Park Tool site for torque values
    (http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/index.shtml).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.