could someone tell me if shimano r440 shifters will work with a shimano xtr or xt derailleur?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
shimano r440 with xtr xt derailleur?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 18 January 2013
- Last activity
- 20 January 2013
- Original author
- halfmoonman
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 802
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Most Shimano ROAD shifters can be used with most Shimano MTB rear derailleurs ...
So, it would be surprising if the combination which you are inquiring about did not work.
Having said THAT, it is important that you are aware that some XTR & XT rear derailleurs are "rapid" rise while others are "normal" rise.
- FWIW. If 'I' were going to set up a bike with a set of Shimano shifters, then I would probably choose a "rapid" rise rear derailleur because I believe the "rapid" rise rear derailleur would expedite downshifting to larger cogs.
- FWIW. If 'I' were going to set up a bike with a set of Shimano shifters, then I would probably choose a "rapid" rise rear derailleur because I believe the "rapid" rise rear derailleur would expedite downshifting to larger cogs.
-
Quoted post said:
Originally Posted by alfeng [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]
Most Shimano ROAD shifters can be used with most Shimano MTB rear derailleurs ...
The rule is MTB 9-speed rear derailleurs are compatible with 9- or 10-speed road shifters and chains. The new MTB 10-speed derailleurs are for 10-speed MTB only, and 8-speed derailleurs work only with 8-speed chains.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.