Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Shimano 9-speed freehub bodies

Started by Andrew Karre · · Last activity · 4 posts · 808 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 June 2004
Last activity
15 June 2004
Original author
Andrew Karre
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
808
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What are the differences between the Ultegra and 105 bodies?
    I need to replace a freehub body on an Ultegra hub, and I'm
    wondering if I should save ten dollars. I see the DA freehub
    is Ti, but what does the Ultegra one have going for it?

    Thanks much, AK

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Andrew Karre
    What are the differences between the Ultegra and 105 bodies?
    I need to replace a freehub body on an Ultegra hub, and I'm
    wondering if I should save ten dollars. I see the DA freehub
    is Ti, but what does the Ultegra one have going for it?

    Thanks much, AK

    105 and Ultegra are both steel cassette body.

  3. [email hidden] (Andrew Karre) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    What are the differences between the Ultegra and 105
    bodies? I need to replace a freehub body on an Ultegra
    hub, and I'm wondering if I should save ten dollars. I see
    the DA freehub is Ti, but what does the Ultegra one have
    going for it?

    Thanks much, AK

    I don't know what the difference is (aside from 10 bucks:
    harriscyclery.netpage.cfm
    348 ) but I'll bet they're interchangeable. However, I've
    found that there are minor differences with right axle cone
    seals- you may need to replace your right cone also if
    you're planning or replacing an Ultegra body with a 105.

    Jeff

  4. andrew-<< What are the differences between the Ultegra and
    105 bodies? I need to replace a freehub body on an Ultegra
    hub, and I'm wondering if I should save ten dollars. I see
    the DA freehub is Ti, but what does the Ultegra one have
    going for it? >><BR><BR>

    DA will not fit onto a ultegra hub w/o some modification.
    Use the 105, 5500 one, works fine.

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.