rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Share your gps tracks from bike rides

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 470 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
2 September 2005
Last activity
6 September 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
470
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I've added some new functionality to my page that lets people import
    their gps data; see

    http://www.dgp.utoronto.ca/~jtalbot/maps/pubtracks.html

    for the form where you can enter your data, either as garmin mapsource
    tab-delimited exported text, or as GPX. The same sample data that's
    there can also be plotted with the following URL:

    http://www.dgp.utoronto.ca/~jtalbot/maps/pubtracks.html?AWzkzbsm5AM8mggbPScM3TxTyp7CxZQuQgC6/wBn/w==

    Check it out!

    JT

  2. Great tool !

    I need some help though. I use GPSman, which can't export to either of the
    2 formats you mention. What I can get is either something that looks like:

    Quoted message said:

    Format: DDD UTC Offset: 1.00 hrs Datum[ 21]: CH-1903
    T 31-Dec-1989 01:00:00 46.981885 6.871975
    T 31-Dec-1989 01:00:00 46.989858 6.893257
    T 31-Dec-1989 01:00:00 46.990107 6.911648

    or

    Quoted message said:

    % Written by GPSManager 15-Aug-2004 18:38:16 (CET)
    % Edit at your own risk!

    !Format: DMS 1 CH-1903
    !Creation: no

    !Datum: WGS 84
    !T: 15-AUG-04 width=1
    31-Dec-1989 01:00:00 N46 58 50.0 E6 52 16.0 531.730834961
    31-Dec-1989 01:00:00 N46 59 18.7 E6 53 32.6 537.498657227
    31-Dec-1989 01:00:00 N46 59 19.6 E6 54 38.8 519.233886719

    Could you perhaps give (simplified) specs for your formats so that I can
    try to translate ?

    Thanks

    Turtle

    Le Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:23:58 +0000, jtalbot_vizibl a écrit :

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I've added some new functionality to my page that lets people import their
    gps data; see

    http://www.dgp.utoronto.ca/~jtalbot/maps/pubtracks.html

    for the form where you can enter your data, either as garmin mapsource
    tab-delimited exported text, or as GPX. The same sample data that's there
    can also be plotted with the following URL:

    http://www.dgp.utoronto.ca/~jtalbot/maps/pubtracks.html?AWzkzbsm5AM8mggbPScM3TxTyp7CxZQuQgC6/wBn/w==

    Check it out!

    JT

  3. OK, I've found how to do it, learning some Perl basics at the same time.
    This is fun !

    Turtle

  4. Cool, glad you got it -- let me know how it goes!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.