General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Seeking Clambake Locations in New England

Started by Sherif Hanna · · Last activity · 5 posts · 493 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 April 2004
Last activity
30 April 2004
Original author
Sherif Hanna
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
493
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everyone,

    I am wondering if anyone knows of beaches anywhere on the
    shorelines of Massachusetts (including Cape Cod) or New
    Hampshire that allow amateur clambakes (meaning just me and
    a bunch of my friends setting a sand pit on fire...as
    opposed to a professional caterer 🙂 ).

    So far, I have found that Devereaux Beach in Marblehead, MA
    allows this, but I'm wondering if there are other locations.

    Have you orchestrated a clambake before (dug the pit, layed
    the stones and seaweed, etc)? What was your experience like?

    Any information would be much appreciated.

    Thanks! Sherif

  2. "Sherif Hanna" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi everyone,

    I am wondering if anyone knows of beaches anywhere on the
    shorelines of Massachusetts (including Cape Cod) or New
    Hampshire that allow amateur clambakes (meaning just me
    and a bunch of my friends setting a sand pit on fire...as
    opposed to a professional caterer 🙂 ).

    So far, I have found that Devereaux Beach in Marblehead,
    MA allows this, but I'm wondering if there are other
    locations.

    Have you orchestrated a clambake before (dug the pit,
    layed the stones and seaweed, etc)? What was your
    experience like?

    Any information would be much appreciated.

    Thanks! Sherif

    Can't offer info, but you've made me miss something that I
    enjoyed many times as a kid, as I grew up on Cape Ann.

    Stace

  3. Hmm...no one answered my call. Please, please, anyone! I
    need beach locations for a clambake in Massachusetts!

  4. Sherif Hanna <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hmm...no one answered my call. Please, please, anyone! I
    need beach locations for a clambake in Massachusetts!

    Nearly everything in Massachusetts is illegal. You should
    try Maine.

    LONG time ago. Also on Plum Island, which runs through four
    towns: Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich and Rowley. Call the
    police departments in the town you're interested in to find
    out what the applicable rules are and how much the permit
    costs - I guarantee you they're going to fleece you for
    something, and the fire department will want a cut just in
    case you try to burn down the ocean or something.

    Dunty Porteous, Human Sacrifice

    --
    "It tastes like burning..... waaaaaa!!!!"
    -Ralph Wiggum

  5. Excellent! Thanks for the info!

    "Dunter Powries" <fech.redcaps@spedlin> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Sherif Hanna <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hmm...no one answered my call. Please, please, anyone! I
    need beach locations for a clambake in Massachusetts!

    Nearly everything in Massachusetts is illegal. You should
    try Maine.

    Quoted message said:

    LONG time ago. Also on Plum Island, which runs through
    four towns: Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich and Rowley. Call
    the police departments in the town you're interested in to
    find out what the applicable rules are and how much the
    permit costs - I guarantee you they're going to fleece you
    for something, and the fire department will want a cut
    just in case you try to burn down the ocean or something.

    Dunty Porteous, Human Sacrifice

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.