Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Seeking Advice On A Commute/Trail Bike

Started by piperlester · · Last activity · 2 posts · 825 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
2 April 2011
Last activity
2 April 2011
Original author
piperlester
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
825
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    I'm looking to get in shape this year by riding to/from work and working up to some trail riding in a few months. The commute is around 25km one way and mostly flat and paved.

    Some local digging around has pointed me to a Scott Aspect 10, but the $1200 price tag is a bit off-putting. I'm hoping someone can suggest a make/model that isn't quite as pricey but still going to be a solid unit. Bonus karma if you know of something available in Calgary 🙂

    Some of the things I'm looking for based on my research are:
    -Hardtail
    -Front suspension lock-out
    -Hydraulic disc brakes
    -Support for a rack (I work in IT - lugging a laptop in a backpack doesn't appeal to me on a hot summer day)

    Thanks in advance!

  2. cannondale.com86
    Check out the Cannondale SL2 Trail 29er. This bike has all the features you listed. You can mount a rack on it to carry your tools to work.
    The 29er's larger diameter wheels will handle anything the road or weekend trails will through at you. Visit your LBS for a test ride I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you can get for 1000.00.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.