Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

San Diego -- Where are the bents?

Started by Diane Krohn · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,089 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
4 December 2003
Last activity
5 December 2003
Original author
Diane Krohn
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,089
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We went to San Diego over Thanksgiving weekend for our (almost) annual bike trip around the San
    Diego area. We had nice weather and some great rides, though there are some road/traffic
    configurations in the area that aren't for sissies! Fortunately, as stoker, I have several options
    for those scary moments: 1) Close my eyes and pray to the bike gods that we won't be sacrificed to
    the car gods; 2) Scream "We're all gonna die!" (always good for the captain's concentration and
    confidence); or 3) Continue to provide navigation directions. Luckily for Wayne, I usually stick
    with option 3.

    San Diego has a ton of bike riders and lots of fancy bikes -- we saw at least 2 LiteSpeed tandems.
    On our ride on Sunday, up the coast and back, we saw probably over 100 road bikes, a handful of
    mountain bikes, but only 2 recumbents: an EZ-1 and a Triumpf trike. I thought we'd see more bents.

    At any rate, although I used to lust after Kestrels, I wouldn't give up the Screamer for any fancy
    road bike these days. It's so terrific to finish a 60-mile ride and just feel pleasantly tired,
    instead of sore all over.

    Diane and Wayne RANS Screamer, GRR, Haluzak Horizon

  2. "Diane Krohn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<yTIzb.20959$ZE1.7077@fed1read04>... <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    San Diego has a ton of bike riders and lots of fancy bikes -- we saw at least 2 LiteSpeed tandems.
    On our ride on Sunday, up the coast and back, we saw probably over 100 road bikes, a handful of
    mountain bikes, but only 2 recumbents: an EZ-1 and a Triumpf trike. I thought we'd see more bents.

    Bill Volk and I started a once-a-month recumbent ride around Mission Bay back in 1995. I think Bill
    still leads this- I occasionally see his postings on the HPV list. I've since moved to Portland and
    gotten involved in the recumbent and HPV scene here.

    I think there's an ERRC chapter that rides out of Alan's Bikes in Oceanside. The ERRC folks would
    know: geocities.comindex2.html

    Jeff

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.