Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

RR: two parts, inadvertent SS

Started by Ian_M · · Last activity · 1 post · 321 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
27 May 2005
Last activity
27 May 2005
Original author
Ian_M
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
321
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Part I:
    Monday evening. Did a ride with Ally, Telephone Trail near Bragg Creek,
    Alberta. Finally dry enough to ride, between snow melt and rain. Nice
    ride, 15km, about 350m over the loop, 1/2 and 1/2 single and
    doubletrack, no bears (or even prints). Played around practicing
    trackstands on the crests, when Ally got a bit behind.

    Part II:
    Wednesday morning. Ally decides to repeat the ride with a friend. She
    is taking my bike because hers is at LBS for service. I forget to
    remind her before I leave for work about the low normal rear
    derailleur. I did tell her about it months ago when I put it on, but
    she's not particularly technically minded, so I guessed she might have
    forgotten. I miss her at home (she's already left), no cell phone with
    her, can't find the nunber for the friend. I hope she'll figure it out.
    When I get home from work, I find out that Ally had all sorts of
    trouble getting up the hills. They looked at the drivetrain, but
    neither realized the significance of the chain being on the 2nd
    smallest cog. Since Ally had it in her mind that she couldn't change to
    granny, once she had verified that was OK, she must have looked no
    further. So she finished the ride grinding as far as she could up all
    the hills, not changing gears. I prefer not to think about the chain
    line. On the plus side, she discovered that momentum is your friend,
    and got much faster on the downhills!
    I kind of expected that she might be mad at me, but she was actually
    pretty pleased with herself when she realised that she did the ride
    singlespeed.

    Ian

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.