man was obviously hooked for life.

Curtis Mayfeild said it best about the "Pusher Man".

Same holds true here. Just another addict pushing their addiction ;-)

On 2004-06-12, tcmedara penned:
> Went out to the local park this PM for a quick spin before dinner.
> Managed to hook up with my buddy Toby had a neophyte in tow. This was
> the guy's second time on a mountain bike. The didn't appear to be in
> any kind of physical shape, but confirmed that he had enjoyed his
> previous outing. We rode the circuit at what seemed a painfully slow
> pace but the new guy, Ron was working hard. We kept it slow to make
> sure we didn't drop him or force him too far beyond his comfort zone.
>
> After a leisurely ride, we circled up on the fire road before heading
> back to the lot. Ron was sucking wind and trying to get some water
> down, but was grinning from ear to ear. I took off for another short
> loop at a less leisurely pace as they want back to the cars. I'm sure
> he'll be back. The man was obviously hooked for life.

Last year, it took me an hour to do one particular 3-mile loop. A week
ago, it took me half an hour. It helped that I didn't have to stop
every few feet or walk my bike up all the climbs. I'm sure I'll be
getting faster, too.

That neophyte will definitely get better =)

--
monique

tcmedara wrote:
> leisurely pace as they want back to the cars. I'm sure he'll be back. The
> man was obviously hooked for life.

Sweet!

I know what it's like to have guys slow their pace a bit for riders like
me. Just made me that much more of a committed rider. Now I often see
them out a trail work days, or on the trail or at the shop...

It never hurts to alter your pace for someone else every once in a
while.

--
- Rog

http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.