Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

RR: Horse Trail and Blue Diamond

Started by Kirk Robertson · · Last activity · 1 post · 445 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
26 November 2006
Last activity
26 November 2006
Original author
Kirk Robertson
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
445
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I went to Vegas to visit family for Turkey Day and got a couple rides in.
    Early Thanksgiving morning we rode Horse Trail which was a pretty fun out
    and back. We only rode five miles total but it was fairly steep and rocky
    so it was a good excuse to pig out later in the day.

    The next day we put twenty miles on up in Blue Diamond. We started from
    the parking lot by the bike shop and went to Red Canyon(beautiful). The
    two-mile smile was more gravelly and not nearly as smooth as last year but
    still fun. My legs were very sore by the time we got back. My friend
    leading the ride is training for a marathon but still kicked my butt.

    I somehow managed to get my chain jammed enough to break a tooth on my
    smallest chainring even though I have elevated chainstays. Oh well. My
    fork started leaking pretty bad on the right side also. I guess I'll find
    out how to rebuild the forks.

    The dryness and elevation of the desert is tough compared to back home in
    San Diego but the scenery and remoteness is worth it.

    I hope everybody else got to get in some good riding. Kirk.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.