I haven't done much cycling so far this summer, but I got permission from the Senior Partner to spend a few hours away today. So I rode off from Crieff down to Bridge of Allan (I say down because it's south, but on the road it feels mostly up, especially over Middleton Moor).
Then along the "Hillfoots road" through Alva and Dollar, right along the base of the Ochil Hills, a lovely long stretch of almost level A road with only motorised morons to raise the stress levels.
At the beautifully named Yetts o' Muckhart, turned roughly north again for a splendid stretch of steady uphill through Glen Devon, followed by several miles of gravity-assisted swoop into Gleneagles. Over to Auchterarder and so back into Crieff.
90km of scenic and (mostly) quiet road in warm sunshine and no wind to speak of. One happy old cyclist!!
I haven't done much cycling so far this summer, but I got permission from the Senior Partner to spend a few hours away today. So I rode off from Crieff down to Bridge of Allan (I say down because it's south, but on the road it feels mostly up, especially over Middleton Moor).
Then along the "Hillfoots road" through Alva and Dollar, right along the base of the Ochil Hills, a lovely long stretch of almost level A road with only motorised morons to raise the stress levels.
At the beautifully named Yetts o' Muckhart, turned roughly north again for a splendid stretch of steady uphill through Glen Devon, followed by several miles of gravity-assisted swoop into Gleneagles. Over to Auchterarder and so back into Crieff.
90km of scenic and (mostly) quiet road in warm sunshine and no wind to speak of. One happy old cyclist!!
A lovelly downhill to Gleneagle isn't it? I live in Blackford so it's a regular one for me on the tandem. Have you done the Sherrifmuir road either from Dunblane or Bridge of Allen? Another cracker
At the beautifully named Yetts o' Muckhart, turned roughly north again for a splendid stretch of steady uphill through Glen Devon, followed by several miles of gravity-assisted swoop into Gleneagles. Over to Auchterarder and so back into Crieff.
Lovely, isn't it?
You bring back memories of the Daylight 600 Audax I did *exactly* 10 years ago[1], which went through Yetts o'Muckhart and Crieff.