road riding sunglasses for a myopic?

Yuri Budilov

Guest
Hello everyone

I wear prescription glasses (short sighted) and ride a road bicycle. The
sunglasses I have are of the "trendy" variety i.e. they are kind of short
and narrow, quite good for general walking and driving but really are next
to useless for road riding because when I look up I see *over* the lenses
(i.e. not much ahead!) and also the wind hits my eyes when I ride when I
look up. And because I need to lift my head/neck further than the 20:20
vision rider in order to see up ahead I develop a neck strain.

So I am looking for suggestions on sunglasses that will cover my eyes
better. Brands, ideas, etc.

thank you in advance!

Yuri Budilov wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I wear prescription glasses (short sighted) and ride a road bicycle. The
> sunglasses I have are of the "trendy" variety i.e. they are kind of short
> and narrow, quite good for general walking and driving but really are next
> to useless for road riding because when I look up I see *over* the lenses
> (i.e. not much ahead!) and also the wind hits my eyes when I ride when I
> look up. And because I need to lift my head/neck further than the 20:20
> vision rider in order to see up ahead I develop a neck strain.
>
> So I am looking for suggestions on sunglasses that will cover my eyes
> better. Brands, ideas, etc.
>
> thank you in advance!

Yuri -

I believe that most of the common sport glasses can be fitted with
prescription lenses; talk to your doctor.

My doctor happened to carry Nike sunglasses. I have the Nike GDO SQ
frames and find them to be pretty good.

Tom

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:21:25 +0000, Yuri Budilov wrote:

> So I am looking for suggestions on sunglasses that will cover my eyes
> better. Brands, ideas, etc.

A good portion of fancy space age glasses these days can be ordered with
an Rx clip in. Too many to mention. Check any of the popular catalogs and
you'll be surprised. You can either fax your scrip to the sunglass seller
or have them send you a pair of glasses and a blank insert for your
favourite optician to grind.

I usually just get regular ground sunglasses and dispense with the space
age look, but that might not be thing for everybody. Thinking about
getting some of those squarish gold frame rayban cop glasses next. So, so
butch.

LOL