General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Right side of heart enlarged?

Started by Kev · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,635 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 March 2004
Last activity
2 March 2004
Original author
Kev
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,635
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Heya,

    I just had an echo-cardiogram done b/c I have hypertension and tightness in my chest
    *sometimes*. I have also been asthmatic since I was ~8yrs old and I am 25 now.

    During the echo-cardiogram, the technician mentioned that the right side of my heart was
    "enlarged" and mentioned my asthma and asked if I had had an xray of my heart done. I will not
    know the results for a couple days, can anyone shed any light as to whether this is serious or
    potentially serious?

    I release all responses from any sort of liability.

    -K

  2. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Right side of heart enlarged?
    From: [email hidden] (Kev)
    Date: 3/2/2004 7:55 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Message-id: <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    During the echo-cardiogram, the technician mentioned that the

    key phrase "the technician" mentioned...

    please wait til you can discuss this with your cardiologist...

    hawki.....

  3. Kev said:

    Heya,

    I just had an echo-cardiogram done b/c I have hypertension and tightness in my chest
    *sometimes*. I have also been asthmatic since I was ~8yrs old and I am 25 now.

    During the echo-cardiogram, the technician mentioned that the right side of my heart was
    "enlarged" and mentioned my asthma and asked if I had had an xray of my heart done. I will not
    know the results for a couple days, can anyone shed any light as to whether this is serious or
    potentially serious?

    It is not uncommon for folks with asthma to develop enlargement of their right ventricle especially
    if the asthma has been difficult to control.

    Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.com

    **
    Who is the humblest person in the universe?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    What is all this about?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

    Is this spam?
    makeashorterlink.commakeashorterlink.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.