Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Reynolds Stratus Switching Freehub

Started by idland · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,557 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
6 July 2006
Last activity
6 July 2006
Original author
idland
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,557
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just got a used Reynolds Stratus wheel with a Campy freehub. Everything I've heard is that it's really easy to switch the freehub to Shimano. My bike shop, however, is very skeptical that it's so simple. The wheel has a White Industries hub. Has anyone done this? I'm going to call White Industries, but it'd be good to know if anyone has successfully made the switch from Campy to Shimano on the Reynolds Stratuses.

    Thanks.

  2. idland said:

    I just got a used Reynolds Stratus wheel with a Campy freehub. Everything I've heard is that it's really easy to switch the freehub to Shimano. My bike shop, however, is very skeptical that it's so simple. The wheel has a White Industries hub. Has anyone done this? I'm going to call White Industries, but it'd be good to know if anyone has successfully made the switch from Campy to Shimano on the Reynolds Stratuses.

    Thanks.


    WHite? I always thought Reynolds used Hope hubs on the stratus... anyways back to your question - another option you might want to explore is leave the freehub and get an American Classic conversion cassette. AC makes cassettes (in a variety of ratios) that are compatible with shimano shifting using a campy-based freehub (and vice versa).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.