Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Reynolds Ouzo Comp Carbon Fork with an Integrated headset?

Started by Wasatch5k · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,120 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 October 2004
Last activity
28 December 2004
Original author
Wasatch5k
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,120
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Reynolds Ouzo Comp Carbon Fork with an 1 1/8 Integrated headset--
    Will any road fork work with the headset or do I have to buy a special
    integrated fork.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. What you have is a 1 1/8 inch ITS (hidden) headset attached to your fork. This means only a 1 1/8 inch 'integrated' fork can be used with your headset. Headsets are in fact quite inexpensive, so I wouldn't let them put you off your favourite fork- you can always get a new one of the right type.

    What brought me to this post is that I want to buy an Ouzo fork, and, provided yours is in good condition and hasn't been cut too short for my frame, I would like to make you an offer for yours. Maybe even with the headset.

    Email me.

    Alan

  3. ijnuhb said:

    Headsets are in fact quite inexpensive, so I wouldn't let them put you off your favourite fork- you can always get a new one of the right type.
    Alan

    Scratch that- integrated headsets use the top part of the tube they sit in and the shape of the tube is therefore incompatible with any other kind and vice versa. It seems I couldn't use your Reynolds as a result. What a shame. Good luck finding your new forks,

    Alan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.