I just bought an U lock and spent a fair amount of time figuring out where and how to mount the
holder for the lock. To make the installation a bit easier (so I thought), I took off the seat to be
able to better get at the place where I wanted to mount the lock. As soon as I slid the seat off the
rail, a handful of parts fell on the floor. I thought I had figured out where everything went, but
could not figure out where two pins with springs went. After about 30 minutes of frustration, I went
to my LBG and one of the workers looked at it and put everything back in a less than a minute. (The
store is not a Giant dealership and I know he had not seen that seat before, to further add insult
to injury.)
Had I spent a few more minutes at home and looked more closely, I would have figured it out as well.
At any rate, if you decide to take the seat off, each of the two metal rollers goes into its own
little section. You'll see what I mean if you take the seat off. Also, those two pins with springs
holds one of the rollers in place. Now I kick myself for not seeing those two holes where those two
pins with springs go to begin with.
Just passing this on.