General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Started by Patricia D. Hill · · Last activity · 1 post · 101 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 July 2007
Last activity
26 July 2007
Original author
Patricia D. Hill
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
101
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mystery Pie
    Outback's Towering Chocolate Cake
    Chicken Maria, from Carabas
    SLICED dill pickles
    Lime Sticks Pickles

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: Mystery Pie
    From: Judi <[email hidden]>

    Pie
    I am looking for a pie recipe that my mother first made in the late 50's.
    While I am inclined to describe it as having a butterscotch flavor, it is
    perhaps better described as burnt sugar. It is NOT a cream pie!! It had
    Knox gelatin in it, so it held its shape when you cut a slice. The
    combination of ingredients (apparently) caused the mixture to have a
    slightly foamy appearance on top (I don't think this was egg white . . .
    vinegar, maybe?). After it was baked, it was a light brownish color, with
    the "foamy" top (about 1/4" thick)being a lighter tan. It did not have a
    meringue top.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: Outback's Towering Chocolate Cake
    From: Brenda <[email hidden]>

    Outback's Towering Chocolate Cake
    anyone got a recipe, similar?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: Copy cat recipe Chicken Maria, from Carabas
    From: Russ <[email hidden]>

    Copy cat recipe

    Does anyone have the recipe for Chicken Maria, from Carabas resteraunt? I
    think that is the name, this dish is named after thier Mother, Thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: Dill Pickles
    From: Sandy Tuciarelli <[email hidden]>

    Dill Pickles
    I'm looking for a recipe for SLICED dill pickles. I have found the recipes
    for WHOLE pickles, but I would like to slice them. I'm not sure if the hot
    brine would make them mushy. Thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: Lime Sticks Pickles
    From: Laura <[email hidden]>

    Lime Sticks
    This was a sweet and [censored] pickle recipe my grandmother use to make. I know
    she put green food coloring in them to make them really green.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.