General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Sunday, June 26, 2005

Started by Patricia D. Hill · · Last activity · 1 post · 280 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 June 2005
Last activity
28 June 2005
Original author
Patricia D. Hill
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
280
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Rhubarb sauce
    deep fried potato wedges
    beef Empanada
    Beef Tenderloin Tips Marinated in Wine
    Pork Chop Casserole
    "Pasta Greek Salad"
    sugar free cake recipes
    Canned pie filling

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Jennifer Blackwell" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Rhubarb sauce
    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:31:08 -0700

    Does anyone have a recipe for Rhubarb sauce. It is similar to apple
    sauce.

    Thanks
    Jennifer [email hidden]

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "mears" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Looking for
    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 09:12:30 -0500

    I am looking for two recipes. First a beef Empanada recipe starting with
    the bread or crust. Second, I am looking for a coating recipe for deep
    fried
    potato wedges. Something like the spicy curls sold at the fair.

    Thanks
    Mike

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:58:07 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Ruth Hollands <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Three recipe requests.

    Beef Tenderloin Tips Marinated in Wine
    Pork Chop Casserole
    "Pasta Greek Salad"

    Beef Tenderloin Tips Marinated in Wine

    Years ago there was a restaurant in Sarnia Ontario that served THE most
    delicious meal I had ever tasted in a restaurant. It was called Beef
    Tenderloin Tips Marinated in Wine. Even though I detest the taste of
    wine, I couldn't actually taste it in this meal. The restaurant has long
    been gone now, but the memory of that meal is still with me, and I would
    love to be able to make it myself if anyone can help. It had beef
    (obvious) in thin strips, green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms (which I
    don't like, but always pushed them to the side of the plate anyway), and I
    think it might have also had thin celery pieces in it too. It was served
    with mixed vegetables, and your choice of mashed or French fried potatoes.
    Didn't exactly have gravy, but there was a tiny bit of liquid under it
    all... natural juices, I would imagine.

    I would really appreciate it if anyone has a recipe that sound remotely
    like this.

    ---
    Pork Chop Casserole

    My Dad made this meal one time and we don't have a clue where he got the
    recipe from... it isn't written in any of his recipe notes that are
    contained in a binder. I remember that aside from (on top of, actually)
    the pork chops in a casserole dish there was lima beans, (I think
    celery... and I'm pretty sure onions) and tomatoes (or tomato sauce
    maybe). It was baked in the oven, and served with mashed potatoes and
    whatever other vegetable you wanted. It was delicious... but with my Dad
    being gone since 1993, and the recipe not being in his collection, I don't
    have any idea where to find the exact recipe to try to make this meal.
    I'm afraid I'm not much of a chef... I need a recipe in front of me to
    make it happen... unless I've made it so many times that I can do it with
    my eyes shut.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    ---

    "Pasta Greek Salad" (A&P - Ontario)

    Would anyone have a recipe for "Pasta Greek Salad" sold at the A&P grocery
    stores in Ontario Canada? It has straight pasta (sorry, I don't know the
    names unless I have a package in front of me), zucchini pieces, onions
    (sweet?), some sort of crumbly cheese (feta?), and *I think* green bell
    pepper pieces... mixed with some type of vinegary dressing. I have no
    idea
    of how much of what to use... but this salad is loved by my family, and
    I'd
    love to know how to make it at home. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Gemini

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Brenda Gann" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: sugar free cake recipes wanted
    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:02:24 -0500

    my husbandcannot eat sugar and I cannot get him to eat any of my
    desserts I make. I love to cook for him and I am in need of desserts for
    him.

    thank you
    Brenda

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Vicky Weimer <[email hidden]>
    Subject: REQUEST: Canned pie filling recipes
    Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:16:46 GMT

    I am looking for pie filling recipes for canned pie fillings,
    specifically blueberry and strawberry/rhubarb pie fillings. I would
    prefer if they did not containt clear jel, as I can not buy it locally.

    Thanks in advance,
    Vicky

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.