Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Repost: Bike for SWMBO

Started by Adam-the-Kiwi · · Last activity · 5 posts · 495 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
13 December 2004
Last activity
15 December 2004
Original author
Adam-the-Kiwi
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
495
Views / 30 days
6
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi again,

    Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
    replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...

    In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
    bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
    Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
    feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
    OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
    her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
    is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...

    Monique and Shaun - thanks for the replies - don't seem to be able to
    reply to you within that thread...

    Monique - yes, will be trying to find one to hire, but it looks
    unlikely.

    Shaun - SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed, and thanks anyway!

    Cheers - Adam...

  2. Adam-the-Kiwi said:

    Hi again,

    Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
    replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...

    In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
    bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
    Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
    feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
    OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
    her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
    is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...

    Cannondale = proprietary parts and tools,

    penny

  3. "Adam-the-Kiwi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi again,

    Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
    replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...

    In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
    bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
    Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
    feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
    OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
    her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
    is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...

    Monique and Shaun - thanks for the replies - don't seem to be able to
    reply to you within that thread...

    Monique - yes, will be trying to find one to hire, but it looks
    unlikely.

    Shaun - SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed, and thanks anyway!

    Cheers - Adam...

    Right first off I am not fond of Cannondales, I think that the headshock
    system is way outdated and the lefty way too complicated. However some
    people get on with them and those that do seem to love 'em. In particular
    there are some folk over at the 'singletrackworld' forum who have very happy
    partners thanks to the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine you mention. You can
    ask there for further advice..

    Steve.

  4. "spademan o---[) *"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Adam-the-Kiwi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi again,

    Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
    replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...

    In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
    bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
    Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
    feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
    OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
    her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
    is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...

    Monique and Shaun - thanks for the replies - don't seem to be able to
    reply to you within that thread...

    Monique - yes, will be trying to find one to hire, but it looks
    unlikely.

    Shaun - SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed, and thanks anyway!

    Oh, I knew that Adam ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  5. spademan o---) * said:

    "Adam-the-Kiwi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    -8<- snip

    Quoted message said:

    Right first off I am not fond of Cannondales, I think that the headshock
    system is way outdated and the lefty way too complicated.

    This one comes with a Manitou Splice (think that's a rebadged Black with
    a new crown) - it's got softer springs, though.

    Quoted message said:

    However some
    people get on with them and those that do seem to love 'em. In particular
    there are some folk over at the 'singletrackworld' forum who have very happy
    partners thanks to the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine you mention. You can
    ask there for further advice..

    Ta! There does seem to be a reasonable consensus, although I couldn't
    find anything from anyone who'd actually ridden one and one complaint
    about cable routing giving ghost shifting.

    Cheers - Adam...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.