Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Removing broken carbon seatpost from carbon frame

Started by BullGod · · Last activity · 1 post · 2,642 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
14 September 2008
Last activity
14 September 2008
Original author
BullGod
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,642
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In a race yesterday I noticed my seatpost was flexing. I stopped and saw a crack in it 3mm above where it joins the frame.

    I went to a team Jo Piels mechanic and we loosened the adjustment and tried to remove the seatpost. Of course, the end broke off, and I am now left with 3mm of jagged broken seatpost jammed fast in a 1 yr old carbon frame.

    How can I remove the remainder of the seatpost? Can I? The mechanic said I should just knock the remaining tube down into the frame - is this wise? Can I even do this? bottom line - is my frame totally f&*ed now?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.