General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Remoulade research --I might do it(Road Trip Aain)

Started by modom · · Last activity · 4 posts · 350 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 July 2005
Last activity
6 July 2005
Original author
modom
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
350
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. D and I are back from a trip to Baton Rouge for the Independence Day
    holiday. We hit the town Saturday with my sister on Saturday after an
    eight-hour drive through almost continuous storm. Rain and wind and
    lightening, that is. I think I saw an ark float by on the Atchafalaya
    Spillway. It rained that much on us. Frogs drowned. The fish in
    Bayou Teche were sticking their heads out of the high water and
    gasping for breath. I kept the sun roof closed. On the way down, we
    discussed an idea of mine from years past to make a remoulade
    pilgrimage across Louisiana's Acadiana, sampling local remoulade
    dishes from Lake Charles to Slidel. Well, maybe not Slidel, but
    Plaquemines and Avery Island, at least.

    It would be an onerous task, to be sure -- just think of all the
    remoulade-related issues we'd have to resolve: Which is best -- olive
    oil-based or mayonnaise remoulade? Is it tastier in Avoyelles or
    Rapides Parish? Do Protestants make good remoulade? Is there good
    remoulade in Morgan City? New Iberia? Avery Island? Do recipes like
    remoulade crab salad deserve serious consideration? Can you get
    remoulade in take out Chinese in New Orleans? Why not?

    There's more, of course, and we'd have to look at the remoulade
    question from every conceivable angle, culinary and geographical. But
    having covered the topic in Acadiana, we'd surely have to follow it up
    with a tour of French remoulade, sampling remoulade from Marseilles to
    Paris and from Alsace to Brittany.

    Such a project, undeniably worthwhile as it surely would be, will be
    costly. I sincerely solicit any donations the good people of rfc may
    care to provide, and naturally I and D will pursue as many avenues of
    private an public funding as we can imagine.

    But what price is too high for a greater understanding of noble
    remoulade?

    modom

    Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
    -- Oscar Wilde

  2. On Tue 05 Jul 2005 08:48:52p, modom wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    D and I are back from a trip to Baton Rouge for the Independence Day
    holiday. We hit the town Saturday with my sister on Saturday after an
    eight-hour drive through almost continuous storm. Rain and wind and
    lightening, that is. I think I saw an ark float by on the Atchafalaya
    Spillway. It rained that much on us. Frogs drowned. The fish in
    Bayou Teche were sticking their heads out of the high water and
    gasping for breath. I kept the sun roof closed. On the way down, we
    discussed an idea of mine from years past to make a remoulade
    pilgrimage across Louisiana's Acadiana, sampling local remoulade
    dishes from Lake Charles to Slidel. Well, maybe not Slidel, but
    Plaquemines and Avery Island, at least.

    It would be an onerous task, to be sure -- just think of all the
    remoulade-related issues we'd have to resolve: Which is best -- olive
    oil-based or mayonnaise remoulade? Is it tastier in Avoyelles or
    Rapides Parish? Do Protestants make good remoulade? Is there good
    remoulade in Morgan City? New Iberia? Avery Island? Do recipes like
    remoulade crab salad deserve serious consideration? Can you get
    remoulade in take out Chinese in New Orleans? Why not?

    There's more, of course, and we'd have to look at the remoulade
    question from every conceivable angle, culinary and geographical. But
    having covered the topic in Acadiana, we'd surely have to follow it up
    with a tour of French remoulade, sampling remoulade from Marseilles to
    Paris and from Alsace to Brittany.

    Such a project, undeniably worthwhile as it surely would be, will be
    costly. I sincerely solicit any donations the good people of rfc may
    care to provide, and naturally I and D will pursue as many avenues of
    private an public funding as we can imagine.

    But what price is too high for a greater understanding of noble
    remoulade?

    modom

    Given that much fervor and research, you should consider a doctoral thesis.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
    Tested on: 7/5/2005 8:48:43 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  3. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Tue 05 Jul 2005 08:48:52p, modom wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    D and I are back from a trip to Baton Rouge for the Independence Day
    holiday. We hit the town Saturday with my sister on Saturday after an
    eight-hour drive through almost continuous storm. Rain and wind and
    lightening, that is. I think I saw an ark float by on the Atchafalaya
    Spillway. It rained that much on us. Frogs drowned. The fish in
    Bayou Teche were sticking their heads out of the high water and
    gasping for breath. I kept the sun roof closed. On the way down, we
    discussed an idea of mine from years past to make a remoulade
    pilgrimage across Louisiana's Acadiana, sampling local remoulade
    dishes from Lake Charles to Slidel. Well, maybe not Slidel, but
    Plaquemines and Avery Island, at least.

    It would be an onerous task, to be sure -- just think of all the
    remoulade-related issues we'd have to resolve: Which is best -- olive
    oil-based or mayonnaise remoulade? Is it tastier in Avoyelles or
    Rapides Parish? Do Protestants make good remoulade? Is there good
    remoulade in Morgan City? New Iberia? Avery Island? Do recipes like
    remoulade crab salad deserve serious consideration? Can you get
    remoulade in take out Chinese in New Orleans? Why not?

    There's more, of course, and we'd have to look at the remoulade
    question from every conceivable angle, culinary and geographical. But
    having covered the topic in Acadiana, we'd surely have to follow it up
    with a tour of French remoulade, sampling remoulade from Marseilles to
    Paris and from Alsace to Brittany.

    Such a project, undeniably worthwhile as it surely would be, will be
    costly. I sincerely solicit any donations the good people of rfc may
    care to provide, and naturally I and D will pursue as many avenues of
    private an public funding as we can imagine.

    But what price is too high for a greater understanding of noble
    remoulade?

    modom

    Given that much fervor and research, you should consider a doctoral thesis.

    We both have terminal degrees, but a second one might be both deservd
    and handy.

    modom

    Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
    -- Oscar Wilde

  4. On Tue 05 Jul 2005 10:12:10p, modom wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Tue 05 Jul 2005 08:48:52p, modom wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    D and I are back from a trip to Baton Rouge for the Independence Day
    holiday. We hit the town Saturday with my sister on Saturday after an
    eight-hour drive through almost continuous storm. Rain and wind and
    lightening, that is. I think I saw an ark float by on the Atchafalaya
    Spillway. It rained that much on us. Frogs drowned. The fish in
    Bayou Teche were sticking their heads out of the high water and
    gasping for breath. I kept the sun roof closed. On the way down, we
    discussed an idea of mine from years past to make a remoulade
    pilgrimage across Louisiana's Acadiana, sampling local remoulade
    dishes from Lake Charles to Slidel. Well, maybe not Slidel, but
    Plaquemines and Avery Island, at least.

    It would be an onerous task, to be sure -- just think of all the
    remoulade-related issues we'd have to resolve: Which is best -- olive
    oil-based or mayonnaise remoulade? Is it tastier in Avoyelles or
    Rapides Parish? Do Protestants make good remoulade? Is there good
    remoulade in Morgan City? New Iberia? Avery Island? Do recipes like
    remoulade crab salad deserve serious consideration? Can you get
    remoulade in take out Chinese in New Orleans? Why not?

    There's more, of course, and we'd have to look at the remoulade
    question from every conceivable angle, culinary and geographical. But
    having covered the topic in Acadiana, we'd surely have to follow it up
    with a tour of French remoulade, sampling remoulade from Marseilles to
    Paris and from Alsace to Brittany.

    Such a project, undeniably worthwhile as it surely would be, will be
    costly. I sincerely solicit any donations the good people of rfc may
    care to provide, and naturally I and D will pursue as many avenues of
    private an public funding as we can imagine.

    But what price is too high for a greater understanding of noble
    remoulade?

    modom

    Given that much fervor and research, you should consider a doctoral
    thesis.

    We both have terminal degrees, but a second one might be both deservd
    and handy.

    I couldn't think of a more fun and tasty way to get one! :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
    Tested on: 7/5/2005 10:11:50 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.