Quoted message said:Laurel Amberdine wrote:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Pete said:Hi,
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I am currently losing weight through eating less and exercise.
Over the last two months weight loss has been on average 2.25lb
week,
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:with a
Quoted message said:rough estimate of 66% of the weight loss being fat (from Bf
measurement)
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Food intake in minimal (one meal a day), which results in a not so
balanced
Quoted message said:diet! i.e maybe 1 tin of tuna, 4 slices bread, and a bit of low
fat
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:spread.
Quoted message said:The diet is therefore definatly calorie deficient, maybe 1200-1500
calories
Quoted message said:a day.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:I'd suggest you eat more often. Think mini meals... about 4-6 per
day.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:This will help keep you from getting too hungry (and snacking on
the
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:wrong stuff easier), your blood sugar will be higher/more stable
making
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:your exercise sessions easier. More exercise will allow more
calorie
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:intake, and with more calorie intake (if you eat quality food) more
nutrients. And the added exercise will help you keep the muscle
and
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:lose the fat.
Quoted message said:This 4-6 meal suggestion *sounds* good, but in my experience it
doesn't
Quoted message said:work. Have you tried it yourself?
Yes, I always eat 4-5 times a day. Lately I've been trimming down for
some upcoming runs and have lost between 5-10 pounds in the last couple
months. While this doesn't sound like much, I wasn't aiming for
anymore than this since I'm 5'9" and was about 175. As of today, I
weighed-in at 166, my waist was down to a 30.5.
Note: I'm a 41 year-old male.
Quoted message said:Subsisting with a deficit of 500 to
1000 calories means almost perpetual hunger. Eating a 200 to 300
calorie
Quoted message said:meal doesn't put much of a dent in it.
Calories isn't what fills you up.
For the in-between meals/snacks try a banana, apple, orange,
hard-boiled egg, baked potato, cup of non-fat yogurt w/raisens & wheat
germ, or whole-wheat graham crackers.
Eating mini meals will keep you from feeling lathargic. And more
energy means you're going to be more apt to exercise/be active.
Quoted message said:It's distressing to be hungry ALL THE TIME. Easier to be hungry most
of
Quoted message said:the time, eat a fairly large meal (or two) and feel satiated for a
bit.
The keys are eating _just enough_ [quality food] to kill the hunger
pains, drink plenty of water throughout the day, and to always be
active.
Patrick