Hey Guys,
This is my first Thread and I'm looking into getting a rear rack for a toploader pannier bag. I have a Peugeot 12 speed which I think is from the 80's. I'm not sure which rack would be the best for my bike, but would like something that is strong and fits without any alterations. Does anyone have any recommendations ? Any and all info would be much appreciated.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Rear Rack for Peugeot 12 Speed ?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 5 August 2006
- Last activity
- 5 August 2006
- Original author
- guswalken
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,509
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Assuming your frame has eyelets on the seatstay (near where they join the seat tube) and on the rear wheel drop outs, there will be a lot of racks that will fit. These frame-mount style racks are a lot sturdier and heavy duty than the seat post-mount racks.
Most rack systems have some degree of adjustability built into them so that you'll be able to keep them level despite the minor variances in frame geometry etc. between bikes.
I have a Topeak Explorer rack on my commuting bike; and I know from experience that the same rack can fit 26" wheel mountain and 700c road bikes without any fuss (there's an adjustable plate on the upper attachment that can slide to fine-tune the rack angle.) The thing I like about this rack, though, is that it has a 'sled' on its rack area that, when paired with a Topeak bag, makes it attach and release with a simple quick-release mechanism. No need to mess about with straps, velcro, etc. to get the bag on and off.
-
Thanks for the info. I know my bike has eyelets on rear wheel drop, but Im not sure about the seatstay. I will look into it once I leave work .
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.