Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Ready to buy a road bike

Started by bmasch · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,035 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 July 2003
Last activity
12 August 2003
Original author
bmasch
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,035
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I completed the Danskin Triathlon two times on a mountain bike with slicky tires. I am tired of the road bikes passing me up on every hill. I haven't trained much on bikes before but am ready to do so now so that I may do more Triathlons - mini - 12/15 mile rides. So, I have done my inseam measurement using the "book as a seat with your back against the wall" method and come up with 30.5 inches. I am 65 inches tall and 135 lbs. I have no more than $700.00 to spend and that is really pushing it. I have read all the threads and now I'm really confused. The way I look at it is any road bike has got to be faster than my $300.00 mountain bike with slickies, right? What do you experts suggest that I purchase? I don't have more than about 2 days a week to ride and Triathlon training/Racing is where my goals are headed. Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. I was in the same boat earlier this year i found road bikes to be very expensive but i need a new sport found a greast bike raeal cheap

    start looking in your local paper, call local bike shops ask for used bikes. maybe check ebay the have some killer deals

    Hope this helps

  3. Visit your LBS and tell them what you are looking for and the money you have to spend.

    The 2004 Trek 1000 sells for about $580 and I believe the Lemond Nevada City is in your price range.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.