UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Who's the guilty rider

Started by Alex · · Last activity · 5 posts · 357 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
27 July 2006
Last activity
27 July 2006
Original author
Alex
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
357
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Landis according to the BBC:-

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5221122.stm

  2. Alex wrote on 27/07/2006 15:26 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Landis according to the BBC:-

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5221122.stm

    So just as the French thought they had seen the back of Armstrong, along
    comes another bl**dy American and wins their beloved Tour. Next thing
    you know the French lab that produced the dodgy dossier about Armstrong
    having been a dopey runs a test and finds his heir is also a dopey. How
    much do I believe it I wonder?

    --
    Tony

    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using
    his intelligence; he is just using his memory."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

  3. "Tony Raven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Alex wrote on 27/07/2006 15:26 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Landis according to the BBC:-

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5221122.stm

    So just as the French thought they had seen the back of Armstrong, along
    comes another bl**dy American and wins their beloved Tour. Next thing you
    know the French lab that produced the dodgy dossier about Armstrong having
    been a dopey runs a test and finds his heir is also a dopey. How much do
    I believe it I wonder?

    Whether or not I have any conspiracy theories relating to the way that the
    three US tour winners have had serious time in hospital (ok, landis not yet,
    but he's setting up for it), I reckon this one seems odd.

    Does testosterone make an instant difference?

    cheers,
    clive

  4. Tony Raven said:

    Alex wrote on 27/07/2006 15:26 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Landis according to the BBC:-

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5221122.stm

    So just as the French thought they had seen the back of Armstrong, along
    comes another bl**dy American and wins their beloved Tour. Next thing
    you know the French lab that produced the dodgy dossier about Armstrong
    having been a dopey runs a test and finds his heir is also a dopey. How
    much do I believe it I wonder?


    Just read the BBC blurb and it says "an unusual level of
    testosterone/epitestosterone ratio".

    Anyone know how these tests work for something that is found in the
    body anyway? What are the odds of this being a real but natural result?
    It's also rather unfortunate that it had to be this lab. Presumably
    there are very few labs in the world that can do these tests but given
    that this lab have already shown a less than professional attitude to
    another American TdF winner it's hard to be convinced that there is
    really anything here.

    (I remember the case of a female athlete who failed a sex test - turned
    out she had testes as well as ovaries IIRC. Don't remember what the
    eventual outcome was)

    Tim.

  5. in message <[email hidden]>, Clive

    George (') said:

    "Tony Raven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Alex wrote on 27/07/2006 15:26 +0100:

    Quoted message said:

    Landis according to the BBC:-

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/5221122.stm

    So just as the French thought they had seen the back of Armstrong,
    along
    comes another bl**dy American and wins their beloved Tour. Next thing
    you know the French lab that produced the dodgy dossier about
    Armstrong having
    been a dopey runs a test and finds his heir is also a dopey. How much
    do I believe it I wonder?

    Whether or not I have any conspiracy theories relating to the way that
    the three US tour winners have had serious time in hospital (ok, landis
    not yet, but he's setting up for it), I reckon this one seems odd.

    Does testosterone make an instant difference?

    Yup, pretty much. The Italian press also alleges he'd taken amphetamine
    (speed) and that the reason he was drinking so much water was partly to
    flush the drugs out of his system before he got to the end and was
    tested.

    I wasn't a Landis fan, but I am /so/ disappointed. And I'm especially
    sick that the person I was personally backing - Ivan Basso - was
    excluded from the tour despite neither having tested positive for
    anything nor found guilty of anything, only for a doper to have won it.
    That seems the peak of injustice.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; I can't work yanks out......
    ;; Why do they frown upon sex yet relish violence?
    ;; Deep Fried Lettuce

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.