General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Whatever happened to Chive Cottage Cheese?

Started by notbob · · Last activity · 4 posts · 212 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 January 2005
Last activity
20 January 2005
Original author
notbob
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
212
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    flavored cottage cheese? I recall pineapple was another, but that one
    never really excited me. I loved the chive though.

    I used to be a pineapple-cottagecheese junkie. Ate so much I burned out on
    the stuff. But, now that you mention it, I also haven't seen either chives
    or pineapple in ages.

    Another oddity: I haven't used garic salt in ages. But, came across
    something I needed it for and went looking for some at the supermarket.
    Well, there were at least a dozen size/brands of garlic salt w/ parsely, but
    only one small single size/brand of plain ol' garlic salt and it was
    considerably more expensive than the g/s w/pars. I smell a parsely filler
    scam.

    nb

  2. notbob <[email hidden]> wrote in news:XbadnTTdLfhReXPcRVn-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Another oddity: I haven't used garic salt in ages. But, came across
    something I needed it for and went looking for some at the supermarket.

    I've never understood garlic salt. Why not simply use the amount of garlic
    and the amount of salt a given dish needs without being committed to the
    ratio the seasoning company chose? Any good kitchen should have plenty of
    garlic in various forms, and plenty of plain salt. What am I missing?

  3. _.-In rec.food.cooking, notbob wrote the following -._

    Quoted message said:

    Well, there were at least a dozen size/brands of garlic salt w/ parsely, but
    only one small single size/brand of plain ol' garlic salt and it was
    considerably more expensive than the g/s w/pars. I smell a parsely filler
    scam.

    Not a scam. Each of the companies spent millions of dollars to find
    out that little bits of green parsley in the mix gives the product
    more authenticity and thus is likely to sell more. Giving them an
    edge in the struggle for survival.... or maybe I am confusing The
    Origin of Species with Marketing 101.

    If everyone is special, then no one is. -- unknown

    --
    .-'😉) asciipr0n.com/fp ('-. | It's a damn poor mind that
    ' ..- .:" ) ( ":. -.. ' | can only think of one way to
    ((,,_;'.;' UIN=66618055 ';. ';_,,)) | spell a word.
    ((_.YIM=Faux_Pseudo :._)) | - Andrew Jackson

  4. Barry Bean said:

    I've never understood garlic salt. Why not simply use the amount of garlic
    and the amount of salt a given dish needs without being committed to the
    ratio the seasoning company chose? Any good kitchen should have plenty of
    garlic in various forms, and plenty of plain salt. What am I missing?

    Apparantly the same thing I am missing. My guess is that the
    manufacturers figured out how to sell salt for $10.00/lb by packing such
    combinations as "garlic salt" and "lemon pepper"..

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.