Re: we need is a president who rides a bike

Ed_Zep

Guest
> George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
> And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
> Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that he
> has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
> candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
> home heating oil came into widespread use.
>
> Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more truthful
> angle.- Hide quoted text -

Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.

Apart from that...

"Ed_Zep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
>> And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
>> Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that
>> he
>> has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
>> candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
>> home heating oil came into widespread use.
>>
>> Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more
>> truthful
>> angle.- Hide quoted text -
>>

> Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
> from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
> climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.
>
> Apart from that...

Apart from that, It's not illegal to make money from oil. Kyoto was
designed to wreck the U.S. economy. What's to deny about climate change,
it's in one of it's natural cycles that's been happening for millions of
years. Iraq for oil, dream on, where is it?

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> > George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
> > And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
> > Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that he
> > has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
> > candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
> > home heating oil came into widespread use.
> >
> > Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more truthful
> > angle.- Hide quoted text -
> >

> Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
> from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
> climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.
>
> Apart from that...

That damn Bush, he must of forgot about Kuwait's oil reserves when US
troops had the entire country for the taking.

"Ed_Zep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
> > And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
> > Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that

he
> > has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of

any
> > candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity

and
> > home heating oil came into widespread use.
> >
> > Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more

truthful
> > angle.- Hide quoted text -
> >

> Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
> from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
> climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.
>
> Apart from that...

There's a certain amount of truth there (please note :- that I have removed
uk.rec.cycling from the list ... The thread was taking up a lot of space ...
and we in the UK have our own 'presidential' problems) ... No offence
intended

--
Colin N.

Lincolnshire is mostly flat ... But the wind is mostly in your face

"Ed_Zep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and exercise.
>> And his modest personal home is a model of energy efficiency (unlike Al
>> Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I think it safe to say that
>> he
>> has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest of any
>> candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since electricity and
>> home heating oil came into widespread use.
>>
>> Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more
>> truthful
>> angle.- Hide quoted text -
>>

> Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
> from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
> climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.
>
> Apart from that...

What I said was fact not logic.

So tell me more about those huge profits you say the family made from oil.
Care to give some details? Personally I don't think you know *anything*
about what you are talking about.

As I recall it was Bill Clinton who rejected Kyoto and for good reason I
might add. Denial about climate change? Seems to me climate is always
changing - when did Bush deny that? And then there's always the oil. Tell
me where is the Iraqi oil.

You are merely spouting off and it ain't oil you're spouting.

(not Tom) Keats

DI wrote:
> "Ed_Zep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>> George Bush regularly rides a mountain bike for recreation and
>>> exercise. And his modest personal home is a model of energy
>>> efficiency (unlike Al Gore's four homes, for example)[Google it]. I
>>> think it safe to say that he
>>> has spent more time on a bicycle and that his home is the greenest
>>> of any candidate who has ever run for president of the USA since
>>> electricity and home heating oil came into widespread use.
>>>
>>> Perhaps you need to introduce your agenda from a different and more
>>> truthful
>>> angle.- Hide quoted text -
>>>

>> Your logic would be perfect if his family hadn't made huge profits
>> from oil, he hadn't rejected Kyoto, hadn't been in denial about
>> climate change and oh yes, hadn't invaded Iraq for the, er, oil.
>>
>> Apart from that...
>>

> Apart from that, It's not illegal to make money from oil. Kyoto was
> designed to wreck the U.S. economy. What's to deny about climate
> change, it's in one of it's natural cycles that's been happening for
> millions of years. Iraq for oil, dream on, where is it?

Junk Science is offering a hundred grand to anyone who can prove GW is
caused by man -- and they don't mean just on Mars, either!

So far, no takers... (Sort of like how AlGore won't debate /any/ leading
climatologist or meteorologist on the subject.)

Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
> So far, no takers... (Sort of like how AlGore won't debate /any/ leading
> climatologist or meteorologist on the subject.)

Bill,

I gotta a question for you that I want to take over to email. So I'm
asking ya: what's your email. Better yet, drop me a line at

phobson
@ gatech
dot edu

\\paul

Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> So far, no takers... (Sort of like how AlGore won't debate /any/
>> leading climatologist or meteorologist on the subject.)

> Bill,
>
> I gotta a question for you that I want to take over to email. So I'm
> asking ya: what's your email. Better yet, drop me a line at
>
> phobson
> @ gatech
> dot edu

Well, Bill, since you won't contact me offline, here she goes:

Please name a leading climatologist or meteorologist (or hydrologist,
etc) who would disagree with Al Gore so that there could be a debate.

Thanks.
\\paul

>> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> So far, no takers... (Sort of like how AlGore won't debate /any/
>>> leading climatologist or meteorologist on the subject.)

> Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
>> I gotta a question for you that I want to take over to email. So I'm
>> asking ya: what's your email. Better yet, drop me a line at

further:
> Well, Bill, since you won't contact me offline, here she goes:
> Please name a leading climatologist or meteorologist (or hydrologist,
> etc) who would disagree with Al Gore so that there could be a debate.

Dennis Avery, the latest challenger in the long running ad series, "Why
Won't Al Gore Debate Me?" . Sheesh, don't you read the papers?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

A Muzi wrote:

>> Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
>>> I gotta a question for you that I want to take over to email. So
>>> I'm asking ya: what's your email. Better yet, drop me a line at

> further:
>> Well, Bill, since you won't contact me offline, here she goes:
>> Please name a leading climatologist or meteorologist (or hydrologist,
>> etc) who would disagree with Al Gore so that there could be a debate.

> Dennis Avery, the latest challenger in the long running ad series,
> "Why Won't Al Gore Debate Me?" . Sheesh, don't you read the papers?

I'd scrolled past this and then couldn't find it. Just GOOGLE it,
fewgawdsake! (Anything works, like "leading meteorologists global warming
not manmade" or "...hoax" or whatever. Sheesh.)

Also, http://www.junkscience.com/ is where the challenge is. Why doesn't
PMH enter?!? LOL

Andrew Muzi wrote:

> > Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
>>> I gotta a question for you that I want to take over to email. So I'm
>>> asking ya: what's your email. Better yet, drop me a line at

> further:
>> Well, Bill, since you won't contact me offline, here she goes:
>> Please name a leading climatologist or meteorologist (or hydrologist,
>> etc) who would disagree with Al Gore so that there could be a debate.

> Dennis Avery, the latest challenger in the long running ad series, "Why
> Won't Al Gore Debate Me?" . Sheesh, don't you read the papers?

This reminds me, where is our former resident climatologist, James Annan?

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition"

Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> You asked a question that is EASILY answered online. GOOGLE IT,
>> GENIUS.

> If you think that kind of question is easily answered online, now I
> know where you get your ideas ("well, it's on clownpenis.fart, it
> must be true!). Cite some peer-reviewd journal articles for me, big
> guy.

Well there ya go. If the "science" is "settled", then why don't you go to
Junk Science and TAKE THEIR CHALLENGE? You'll be rich and famous enough to
stop blathering on Usenet.

Or maybe I forgot: animated polar bears with violin music background
apparently passes for peer-reviewed in Myron World. (Hell, it's downright
silly that it's even considered "documentary" instead of biased,
agenda-driven BS.)

HAND (nice breeze out there)

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well there ya go. If the "science" is "settled", then why don't you go to
> Junk Science and TAKE THEIR CHALLENGE? You'll be rich and famous enough
> to stop blathering on Usenet.

Have you actually read their challenge? It's not just based on the science -
if it was, I think their money would have gone by now.

clive

John Kane wrote:
> On Aug 15, 4:11 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Canada's first PhD climatologist and UA/Birmingham's
>> leading climate expert are just two off-hand.

> Who dey?

Dey two leading scientists who don't drink Kool-aid, dat's who.

Bill "Google for names and positions; it's really easy!" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> John Kane wrote:
>> On Aug 15, 4:11 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Canada's first PhD climatologist and UA/Birmingham's
>>> leading climate expert are just two off-hand.

>> Who dey?

> Dey two leading scientists who don't drink Kool-aid, dat's who.
>
> Bill "Google for names and positions; it's really easy!" S.

Ok, Bill, since your too lazy to even support your own position, here's
a paper from John Christy of UAB (published March of last year).

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg611a/christy_et_al.pdf

And gasp! The paper concludes:

"Our results indicate that the central San Joaquin Valley has
experienced a significant rise of minimum temperatures
(~3°C in JJA and SON), a rise that is not detectable in
the adjacent Sierra Nevada. Our working hypothesis is
that the rapid valley warming is caused by the massive
growth in irrigated agriculture. Such human engineering
of the environment has changed a high-albedo desert
into a darker, moister, vegetated plain, thus altering
the surface energy balance in a way we suggest has
created the results found in this study"

I guess humans can affect the Earth after all. Bill, I guess you
wouldn't know that since you can't be bothered to actually read a
science article. Or am I wrong? Can you link to me to a science paper
that supports your position?

\\paul

Paul Myron Hobson wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> John Kane wrote:

>>> Who dey?

>> Dey two leading scientists who don't drink Kool-aid, dat's who.
>>
>> Bill "Google for names and positions; it's really easy!" S.
>>

> Ok, Bill, since your too lazy to even support your own position,
> here's a paper from John Christy of UAB (published March of last
> year).
> http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg611a/christy_et_al.pdf
>
> And gasp! The paper concludes:
>
> "Our results indicate that the central San Joaquin Valley has
> experienced a significant rise of minimum temperatures
> (~3°C in JJA and SON), a rise that is not detectable in
> the adjacent Sierra Nevada. Our working hypothesis is
> that the rapid valley warming is caused by the massive
> growth in irrigated agriculture. Such human engineering
> of the environment has changed a high-albedo desert
> into a darker, moister, vegetated plain, thus altering
> the surface energy balance in a way we suggest has
> created the results found in this study"
>
> I guess humans can affect the Earth after all. Bill, I guess you
> wouldn't know that since you can't be bothered to actually read a
> science article. Or am I wrong? Can you link to me to a science
> paper that supports your position?

LOL You keep moving the goalpost, Myron. (Hint: that's not the UAB
scientist who writes extensively on the hoax that is manmade GW. And you
didn't "demand" papers initially either.)

BTW, ask that man where the SJ thermometer is located. On a tile roof or
next to an AC exhaust?

Why was 1934 (not 1998 as claimed for last few years) the warmest year on
record?

Why are the polar ice caps shrinking...ON MARS?

Why did PREVIOUS Ice Ages end? (Maybe George "Ooga" Bush drove a caveman
car.)

Why did the Washington Post run a story about climate warming...in 1922?

Why does AlGore live like a pharaoh and lecture the little people to walk
and take transit?

Go plant a tree. I fart in your general direction... MYRON. LOL

PS: 25 years ago it was the coming Ice Age. Wait another 20 now and it
will be again. Betcha.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:33:42 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>BTW, ask that man where the SJ thermometer is located. On a tile roof or
>next to an AC exhaust?
>
>Why was 1934 (not 1998 as claimed for last few years) the warmest year on
>record?
>
>Why are the polar ice caps shrinking...ON MARS?
>
>Why did PREVIOUS Ice Ages end? (Maybe George "Ooga" Bush drove a caveman
>car.)
>
>Why did the Washington Post run a story about climate warming...in 1922?
>
>Why does AlGore live like a pharaoh and lecture the little people to walk
>and take transit?
>
>Go plant a tree. I fart in your general direction... MYRON. LOL
>
>PS: 25 years ago it was the coming Ice Age. Wait another 20 now and it
>will be again. Betcha.

You're a parody of a dittohead. Whatver the "liberal" people think
you must doubt.

But you forgot one "what about" -- "What about Clinton!!??? What
about Clinton??!!"
--
JT