Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Re: Unsafe at any speed?-Path beside Beach Rd

Started by Shane Stanley · · Last activity · 3 posts · 764 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
30 May 2007
Last activity
30 May 2007
Original author
Shane Stanley
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
764
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    rooman said:

    t'was coming back from Anzac Day in the city along Beach Road and saw a
    nasty spill over on the path at Black Rock on the rise North of
    Ricketts Point.

    rooman: Was that the women who wrote the letter in this week's 'Bayside
    Leader'?

    --
    Shane Stanley

  2. Shane Stanley said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    rooman said:

    t'was coming back from Anzac Day in the city along Beach Road and saw a
    nasty spill over on the path at Black Rock on the rise North of
    Ricketts Point.

    rooman: Was that the women who wrote the letter in this week's 'Bayside
    Leader'?

    --
    Shane Stanley


    yep,

    Suzy... she wasnt well, but kept up good spirits in spite of her pain...good to see she is up and about.... and she is keen to get back on her bike..that's great.

    I was her 6'+ sunshade as she lay on the path... good to know I have some practical purposes left...

    what do you think of the other comment in Opinon from "Marcus" of Brighton? ...I felt when I read it, maybe he should choose to go on the Nepean if he wants a less interrupted high speed run to the CBD, over Beach Rd...he reckons the path should be used by commuters as their only peak hour route along Beach Rd and let him "flow" in his cage ( till the next set of lights).

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    rooman said:

    Suzy... she wasnt well, but kept up good spirits in spite of her
    pain...good to see she is up and about.... and she is keen to get back
    on her bike..that's great.

    Yep. It's hard to regard a broken femur as anything other than bad news,
    but it sounds like she was lucky not to do a lot worse.

    Quoted message said:


    I was her 6'+ sunshade as she lay on the path... good to know I have
    some practical purposes left...

    It seems you were appreciated. (And I have an opening for a large
    windshade on wheels, if you're offering...)

    Quoted message said:


    what do you think of the other comment in Opinon from "Marcus" of
    Brighton? ...I felt when I read it, maybe _he_ should choose to go on
    the Nepean if he wants a less interrupted high speed run to the CBD,
    over Beach Rd...he reckons the path should be used by commuters as
    their only peak hour route along Beach Rd and let him "flow" in his
    cage ( till the next set of lights).

    Didn't you know? Remove the bikes from Beach Road in peak hour and "a
    steady stream of traffic" will flow right into the CBD. And pollution is
    the cyclists' fault. Talk about delusional.

    Still, in one letter we're accused of bleating, malignant narcissism,
    failing to recognise responsibilities, and being kamikaze zealots, naive
    sacrificial pawns, luvvies (!), and of course red-light runners. I can
    almost handle that, but I think being compared to a parked car was below
    the belt.

    --
    Shane Stanley

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.