Record mileage this week.
I am aware of the potential stupidity of setting a mileage record whilst
still recovering from injury, but the leg is feeling quite good with just
the occasional twinge on the longer runs. Today's 14.1 miles is my longest
run since October 10th.
A good week overall. Running faster than ever in Tuesday's session. Did
some rare snow running too. Usually in the evenings I run with a Halogen
headtorch off-road, but on Friday the full coverage of snow allowed me to
run with no artificial light at all.
The plan from here is to not target any specific races yet, I will continue
doing 70/80mpw (more if my body can handle it) for a few weeks to get back
to top cardio shape. I will race again when I feel my leg is at least 98%
healed.
Monday:
pm) 5.25 miles - easy
Tuesday:
pm) 6 miles in total, 6 x ~800m w/60sec jog rec - hard
Wednesday:
am) 5.75 miles - easy/medium
pm) 9.35 miles - easy/medium
Thursday:
am) 7 miles - easy/medium
pm) 8 miles - easy/medium
Friday:
am) 6.25 miles - easy/medium
pm) 9.1 miles - easy/medium
Saturday:
pm) 9.4 miles (couple of efforts thrown in) - easy/medium
Sunday:
pm) 14.1 miles - easy/medium
Total run: 80.2 miles
--
Brian Wakem