General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re : TR: Creag Mor and Bynack More

Started by Graham Ingram · · Last activity · 5 posts · 439 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 May 2004
Last activity
17 May 2004
Original author
Graham Ingram
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
439
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Rob Milne wrote :>The Corbett was easy enough, a great path
    past the Stable which has been

    Quoted message said:

    recently improved up to 500m. It would be easy to bike to
    there. At


    500m

    Quoted message said:

    the new path abruptly stops and it is a quagmire for
    a while. I


    passed a

    Quoted message said:

    couple debating whether to continue in the mist with their
    gore tex jackets on. I went by dripping with sweat in my
    t-shirt. A slight difference in pace, but great walking.
    The path was really enjoyable


    in

    Quoted message said:

    the mist and soon I was at the base of the real hill. What
    a pleasure


    that

    Quoted message said:

    was after 2 hours of path plodding. found the summit
    in the mist


    without

    Quoted message said:

    too much bother and the use of my GPS. nice tor! 2 hours
    35 minutes


    was

    Quoted message said:

    well below the guide book time 8-))


    It is a great path to make time on and by the time you
    approach the bottom of the last pull to the Corbett there is
    not much left to
    go>Then back to the col and a straight flog 1000 ft up the
    go>steep slope
    to the

    Quoted message said:

    shoulder of Bynack More. We dropped SW off the summit and
    crossed the


    Lairig an Laoigh, skirted Loch Avon to the saddle and then
    took the long walk down Strath Nethy back to theStables,
    seemed like a good idea at the time but a long slog, mainly
    downhillthough.>For sure, it is best to combine the Munro
    with the Corbetts. I've done

    Quoted message said:

    more Munros than Corbetts in the past 2 weekends and have
    92 Munros


    done

    Quoted message said:

    on round two!So is a second Munro round on the cards
    ?CheersGraham

  2. "Graham Ingram" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message "]news:[email hidden]...
    Then back to the col and a straight flog 1000 ft up the
    steep slope

    Quoted message said:

    to the

    Quoted message said:

    shoulder of Bynack More. We dropped SW off the summit and
    crossed the


    Lairig an Laoigh, skirted Loch Avon to the saddle and then
    took the long walk down Strath Nethy back to theStables,
    seemed like a good idea at the time but a long slog,
    mainly downhillthough.>For sure, it is best to combine the
    Munro with the Corbetts. I've done

    Quoted message said:

    more Munros than Corbetts in the past 2 weekends and have
    92 Munros


    done

    Quoted message said:

    on round two!So is a second Munro round on the cards
    ?CheersGraham

    For anyone who hasnt done this, Bynack More is really a
    superb Munro. I did this a few year's back in Autumn with
    the first snow and it was magical. There is a really
    excellent walk if you have the time, up Loch Avon and then
    over onto the Cairngorm plateau.

    Rob

  3. * Rob Devereux <[email hidden]> deigned to grace
    uk.rec.walking
    * with their presence by declaiming:

    Quoted message said:


    For anyone who hasnt done this, Bynack More is really a
    superb Munro. I did this a few year's back in Autumn with
    the first snow and it was magical. There is a really
    excellent walk if you have the time, up Loch Avon and then
    over onto the Cairngorm plateau.

    Seconded, though I've only done it from the Bynack Stable
    route. Bynack More has IMHO, the finest views from the
    summit in the Cairngorms!

    Regards: Jim Ford

  4. Rob Devereux said:


    For anyone who hasnt done this, Bynack More is really a
    superb Munro. I did this a few year's back in Autumn with
    the first snow and it was magical. There is a really
    excellent walk if you have the time, up Loch Avon and then
    over onto the Cairngorm plateau.

    I'd agree, though I've done it twice now and still not had a
    view! We did it last in February. For some reason we
    descended to Loch Avon, then up Beinn Mhoadhoin (the summit
    tor of which made an interesting descent with a covering of
    verglas, and an even more interesting descent!). Back down
    to Loch Avon, then over Cairngorm (for the only views of the
    day - looking in disbelieve at how far away the 2 other
    summits were.

    Great fun, I never used to like the Cairngorms, but they
    repay the effort to get to know them.

  5. "Simon Caldwell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Rob Devereux said:


    For anyone who hasnt done this, Bynack More is really a
    superb Munro. I


    did

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this a few year's back in Autumn with the first snow and
    it was magical. There is a really excellent walk if you
    have the time, up Loch Avon and


    then

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    over onto the Cairngorm plateau.

    I'd agree, though I've done it twice now and still not had
    a view! We did it last in February. For some reason we
    descended to Loch Avon, then up Beinn Mhoadhoin (the
    summit tor of which made an interesting descent with a
    covering of verglas, and an even more interesting
    descent!). Back down to Loch Avon, then over Cairngorm
    (for the only views of the day - looking in disbelieve at
    how far away the 2 other summits were.

    Great fun, I never used to like the Cairngorms, but they
    repay the effort to get to know them.


    For some reason I was not expecting to like the Cairngorms,
    but the weather has relented and I've enjoyed some cracking
    views. Loch Avon is situated in a wonderful spot.

    KRO

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.