Yes they are, extra salt, fat, sugar, all things humans tend to crave. A
report today shows correlation between fast food consumption and rate of
metabolic syndrom, which has all three as a major part of the foods.
Quoted message said:While channel surfing I recently came across yet another infomercial by
ex-con (check forgery, I believe) Kevin Trudeau (he began his tv infomerical
career selling a memory system). The new infomercial deals with his new book
about cures which the government (he's had run-ins with the US Government's
Food and Drug Administration) is supposedly keeping from the American people.Normally I wouldn't give Trudeau two seconds of my time but in his new
infomerical he mentioned something which intrigues me and which I've heard
alleged by others: namely, that US food growers and manufacturers are adding
(knowingly, I assume) substances in their products which themselves may largely
account for the upsurge in serious obesity in the USA. Unfortunately, in the
infomercial Trudeau doesn't specify what these substances are, but they're
supposedly enough to make those who consume foods which contain them become
"addicted" to the foods.Is anyone here familiar with this allegation? Believe it? If so, what ARE
these substances which supposedly are making US food be avoided by people in
foreign countries? Growth hormones? Chemicals? What?