rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: The Ultimate Touring Unicycle? Nearly!

Started by joemarshall · · Last activity · 2 posts · 272 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 May 2008
Last activity
15 May 2008
Original author
joemarshall
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
272
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. semach.the.monkey said:


    So, if this was your uni, what would *you *change? (Anyone that says
    the carpet or curtains will be disqualified!)

    I'd go road pedals + half clips, a little less weight, and better at
    keeping feet on pedals.

    I'd dump the T7, go for a stock KH seat + non rail seatpost.

    Coincidentally that is pretty much what I have.

    If I was wanting to build an absolutely just road unicycle, whilst I
    wouldn't go as mental as rowan suggested, as I've ridden mikefules 23mm
    unicycle and it really does suck as a general riding around unicycle,
    I'd use a less wide rim like say a velocity dyad (315g weight savings),
    and maybe even try a Schwalbe Marathon Racer 38mm tyre (200g weight
    savings), although I don't know if the 38mm tyre might be a bit too
    much of a gear drop to make up for the 0.5kg less weight on the wheel.

    Or, for a multi-purpose unicycle, I'd consider changing to the muni hub
    + KH29er frame, so I could run the double drilled 150/125mm cranks,
    giving me something that was good for road or muni without crank
    swapping. I'm thinking if I win the lottery / do any random bits of
    contract work etc. I'd like a 24 or 26" geared KH to use as a muni +
    travel machine.

    By the way, the tyre/tube change is a real surprise after the big apple
    eh? I'm quite pleased I discovered that tyre.

    Joe

    --
    joemarshall

    my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joemarshall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1545
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69932

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. joemarshall said:

    By the way, the tyre/tube change is a real surprise after the big apple
    eh? I'm quite pleased I discovered that tyre.

    I don't know yet. the tyre only arrived yesterday (the Thompson post
    the day before), so I've not had a chance to test them out yet. It's
    been a couple of months since I've had a Big Apple on there, so not
    sure if I'll really notice the difference - but I'll take your word for
    it.

    STM

    --
    semach.the.monkey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69932

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.