General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Seasoning a cast iron pan

Started by JimLane · · Last activity · 1 post · 261 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
21 April 2005
Last activity
21 April 2005
Original author
JimLane
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
261
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    My Mom gave me a cast iron fry pan she bought but didn't use. It's
    new. I thought I once heard that a new cast iron pan needs to be
    seasoned in some way. Is this true, and if so, what should I do with
    it? And is there any special care it needs? My main reason for wanting
    one is to try a method of cooking steak indoors that I've seen on TV,
    where the steak is seared stovetop in a cast iron pan, then finished
    off in the oven. Thanks.

    If you googled this group, you would find several hundred message about
    this specific topic. Ever think about doing that?

    jim

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.