UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Scaried monent on a bike?

Started by Paul Boyd · · Last activity · 2 posts · 244 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
16 August 2006
Last activity
16 August 2006
Original author
Paul Boyd
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
244
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On 16/08/2006 18:29, [email hidden] said,

    Quoted message said:

    What about all of you?

    In my young and foolish days, I had a crappy Tensor 10 speed bike (the
    ones with disposable forks, that disposed of themselves at awkward
    moments!). Going down Rownham Hill near Bristol at an indicated 50mph,
    and there is a corner about half-way down, with a stone wall, a big drop
    on the other side, and the brakes were as [censored] as the rest of the bike.
    I swear I used this stone wall as a wall of death as I barely made the
    corner!

    How about unexplained moments? Cycling back from Rugby to Leicester, I
    started turning across a dual carriageway to head towards Blaby. Next
    thing I knew, I was sitting on the kerb across the dual carriageway,
    with people asking if I was alright. No damage to me or the bike, and
    20 years later I still have absolutely no idea what happened!

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  2. Paul Boyd said:

    On 16/08/2006 18:29, [email hidden] said,

    Quoted message said:

    What about all of you?

    In my young and foolish days, I had a crappy Tensor 10 speed
    bike (the ones with disposable forks, that disposed of
    themselves at awkward moments!).

    I still own a crappy Tensor bike and 22 years ago on 10th of June the
    front wheel collapsed. The crash wasn't scary but lying on the road
    wondering if anything was going to hit me was a bit.

    The scariest ride for me was about 6 years earlier whilst hanging on
    to the back of a friends motor bike on a closed road. The road came to
    a dead end where it was blocked with earth and I found out, after
    having let go, that the brakes on the motor bike were better than an
    old 2nd hand Raleigh. I just managed to stop at the start of the
    earth.
    --
    Cheers
    the.Mark

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.