rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: RTL(Ride the Lizard) Seat build

Started by Munivision · · Last activity · 3 posts · 250 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
1 April 2008
Last activity
3 April 2008
Original author
Munivision
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
250
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. steveyo said:

    So, munivision -

    I'm shamelessly copying your handlebar design - it's at the welders
    shop now.
    Since you say it doesn't bump your knees, I wanted to get some specs
    from you...

    If you were to hold it so the plate was level, how much higher is the
    T-bar than the plate?

    How wide is the T, the horizontal part?

    Thanks.

    I want royalties!! I'll pop out to the truck between patients and
    measure for you,
    Jim

    --
    Munivision

    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Munivision's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14619
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68474

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. To the guy that asked for measurements: The cross bar is just under 4"
    wide and is just level with the mounting plate. With the seat angled
    up in front, the cross bar is about the middle of the seat. The cross
    bas extends just under 4" from the front of the seat base. I am really
    liking the way it works. Very comfy and really helps climbing and so
    light. I don't torque the bar ends down all the way so that they can
    rotate when I UPD and drop the uni. I figure this will help protect
    the awesome Scott Wallis base.

    --
    Munivision

    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Munivision's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14619
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68474

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Munivision said:

    To the guy that asked for measurements: The cross bar is just under 4"
    wide and is just level with the mounting plate. With the seat angled
    up in front, the cross bar is about the middle of the seat. The cross
    bas extends just under 4" from the front of the seat base. I am really
    liking the way it works. Very comfy and really helps climbing and so
    light. I don't torque the bar ends down all the way so that they can
    rotate when I UPD and drop the uni. I figure this will help protect
    the awesome Scott Wallis base.

    Thanks - that's perfect.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo
    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

    - a few 'uni race write-ups'
    (http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
    - muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
    (http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68474

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.