Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Rolling resistance, tire pressures, and road texture

Started by (PeteCresswell) · · Last activity · 2 posts · 471 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
7 June 2005
Last activity
7 June 2005
Original author
(PeteCresswell)
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
471
Views / 30 days
8
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I've read numerous sites and articles about rolling resistance and
    tires pressures, but none make any mention of effects of varying
    degrees of road surface roughness.

    I wonder if adhesion is also a factor. There's one place down in NJ where I
    ride a multi-use route that's paved with blacktop, but where joggers have worn a
    singletrack next to it.

    Going from the blacktop to the singletrack is like night and day.... the two
    surfaces seem equally smooth, but the bike goes faster more easily on the
    singletrack.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. I have a similar experience with the dirt road outside my house. If it
    is dry and I manage to steer clear of the loose gravel it is better
    than the paved road that is my destination. If it's wet, forget about
    it, I just sink in. I don't think it's adhesion, just smoothness.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.