General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: REC: Quickie Chickie a la King - Review

Started by Rebecca Jaxon · · Last activity · 3 posts · 420 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 November 2004
Last activity
26 November 2004
Original author
Rebecca Jaxon
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
420
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. April,

    I just made this tonight and want to thank you for the recipe. It was
    very simple, tasty and filling. I think it'll be a regular.

    Rebecca

    April Goodwin-Smith said:

    I don't measure things when I cook; I just throw things
    in until it smells good. Therefore, the measurements
    listed here are not only open to change at your whim,
    but rampant approximating.

    Quickie Chickie a la King

    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cups chicken breast chopped for stirfry
    1 tbsp butter
    1 can mushroom pieces, drained & rinsed & drained again
    1/3 cup cream
    1 tsp guar gum

    Place olive oil in pan and fry the chicken bits at medium-
    high heat until nearly done. Clear a spot in the center
    & drop the butter in the pan. Throw in the mushroom bits
    and sizzle & stir until hot all through. Reduce heat to
    low and then pour in the cream. While stirring, wait until
    the mix is again steaming, possibly just on the verge of
    simmering (remembering that boiled cream can separate &
    look icky), and then sprinkle in the guar gum in two
    batches, stirring like a mad fiend after each addition.

    Serve over steamed chopped cauliflower. Swoon.

    Makes two servings.

    I didn't add salt to this because I use salted butter &
    my canned mushrooms are quite salty. Pepper on top
    after it is dished is quite nice.

    April.
    Put out the cat.

  2. Rebecca Jaxon said:

    April,
    I just made this tonight and want to thank you for the recipe. It was
    very simple, tasty and filling. I think it'll be a regular.
    Rebecca

    Sorry; I just saw this - you're welcome!

    Quoted message said:
    April Goodwin-Smith said:

    I don't measure things when I cook; I just throw things
    in until it smells good. Therefore, the measurements
    listed here are not only open to change at your whim,
    but rampant approximating.

    Quickie Chickie a la King

    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cups chicken breast chopped for stirfry
    1 tbsp butter
    1 can mushroom pieces, drained & rinsed & drained again
    1/3 cup cream
    1 tsp guar gum

    Place olive oil in pan and fry the chicken bits at medium-
    high heat until nearly done. Clear a spot in the center
    & drop the butter in the pan. Throw in the mushroom bits
    and sizzle & stir until hot all through. Reduce heat to
    low and then pour in the cream. While stirring, wait until
    the mix is again steaming, possibly just on the verge of
    simmering (remembering that boiled cream can separate &
    look icky), and then sprinkle in the guar gum in two
    batches, stirring like a mad fiend after each addition.

    Serve over steamed chopped cauliflower. Swoon.

    Makes two servings.

    I didn't add salt to this because I use salted butter &
    my canned mushrooms are quite salty. Pepper on top
    after it is dished is quite nice.

    April.
    Put out the cat.


    --
    "Things that try to look like things often do look more like things than
    things. Well known fact." Esmerelda Weatherwax. (Pratchett 1988)

  3. April Goodwin-Smith <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Rebecca Jaxon said:

    April,
    I just made this tonight and want to thank you for the recipe. It was
    very simple, tasty and filling. I think it'll be a regular.
    Rebecca

    Sorry; I just saw this - you're welcome!

    Quoted message said:
    April Goodwin-Smith said:

    I don't measure things when I cook; I just throw things
    in until it smells good. Therefore, the measurements
    listed here are not only open to change at your whim,
    but rampant approximating.

    Quickie Chickie a la King

    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cups chicken breast chopped for stirfry
    1 tbsp butter
    1 can mushroom pieces, drained & rinsed & drained again
    1/3 cup cream
    1 tsp guar gum

    Place olive oil in pan and fry the chicken bits at medium-
    high heat until nearly done. Clear a spot in the center
    & drop the butter in the pan. Throw in the mushroom bits
    and sizzle & stir until hot all through. Reduce heat to
    low and then pour in the cream. While stirring, wait until
    the mix is again steaming, possibly just on the verge of
    simmering (remembering that boiled cream can separate &
    look icky), and then sprinkle in the guar gum in two
    batches, stirring like a mad fiend after each addition.

    Serve over steamed chopped cauliflower. Swoon.

    Makes two servings.

    I didn't add salt to this because I use salted butter &
    my canned mushrooms are quite salty. Pepper on top
    after it is dished is quite nice.

    April.
    Put out the cat.


    MMMMMMM, Over spaghetti squash? YUM!!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.