Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: Rank the Brands--Your Opinion

Started by Luigi de Guzman · · Last activity · 1 post · 350 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
18 August 2004
Last activity
18 August 2004
Original author
Luigi de Guzman
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
350
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Joe said:

    I’ll start the list (my hunches)....

    Best Quality
    ------------
    Fuji

    In this category you miss out a lot of smaller firms (and small shops)
    that offer excellent product, even if they are pricey.

    e.g. Waterford & Independent Fabrications (to name two American bikes
    I've actually seen). Also: Longstaff, Chas. Roberts, Condor (in the
    UK).

    [Again, this only counts bikes I've actually seen. Is Bob Jackson
    still in Leeds? I saw a Bob Jackson bike here in NoVA, but wasn't
    around to see the rider--I hadn't seen that name on a headbadge since
    I left England]

    At the very best quality, bicycle stop being mass-market entities and
    start being custom-made pieces of equipment. You can probably turn up
    an excellent builder in your area that nobody else will ever have
    heard of.

    -Luigi

    Quoted message said:

    Good Quality
    ------------
    ??

    Average Quality
    ---------------
    Schwinn

    Cheap Quality-Stay Away From
    ----------------------------
    Huffy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.