Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Problem with new Shimano Cassette sticky freewheel action

Started by Qui si parla Campagnolo · · Last activity · 1 post · 438 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
2 May 2005
Last activity
2 May 2005
Original author
Qui si parla Campagnolo
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
438
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Wayne said:

    Hi,
    I recently overhauled the drive train on my bike, fitting a new


    Shimano

    Quoted message said:

    Cassette, New Chain and new chain rings. Sometimes when I stop


    pedalling

    Quoted message said:

    the the ratchet or freewheel doesn't immediately work on the cassette


    so

    Quoted message said:

    the chain goes slack between the top of the cassette and the chain


    ring

    Quoted message said:

    to the point it lands on the wheel stay, the chain on the underside
    eventually becomes so short that the freewheel kicks in and starts
    revolving properly. I've ridden about 80 odd miles now hoping it


    would

    Quoted message said:

    free up but it hasn't. Is it possible that I've overtightened the
    locking ring on the cassette or am I just unlucky and have a duff


    one?

    Quoted message said:


    It's a Shimano 9sp Deore cassette.

    Thanks,

    Wayne.

    Take the hub apart, remove the freehub body, turn it over, remove the
    rubber seal, flush and lube with oil, not grease. I use Mobil One

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.