General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Power Clean to Deadlift %

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 539 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
28 January 2005
Last activity
28 January 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
539
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:
    DZ said:
    Quoted message said:

    THis is another place I was wrong ... so you're right, Lucas,


    about

    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one percent and genital warts, since the estimates at the study I
    linked actually support what you say. The colors that


    represented

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "prior infection" and "visible genital warts" were close in color


    (and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    one was barely visible on the pie chart) and my monitor kind of


    sucks

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and I didn't notice the color difference. It's actually 60% of


    their

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    population in that study that is estimated to have had "prior
    infection" according to the pie chart, NOT visible genital warts


    --

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that's 1%. Im surprised someone else didn't catch it though and


    call

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    me an idiot for getting the colors mixed up. But, hey, I'll


    admit

    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my mistakes when I catch them.


    http://www.brown.edu/Courses/Bio_160/Projects1999/hpv/epidem2.html

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Maybe a year from now you can refer your potential mates to big
    friendly GSK next state up from you:
    http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp?ID=14925&sd=01/27/05

    meanwhile they'd likely to be VERY unhappy:
    http://tinyurl.com/544db

    DZ

    I guess I'm coming at this from a male's perspective mostly.


    Generally

    Quoted message said:

    speaking, unless they have learned that they have been with a woman


    who

    Quoted message said:

    has been shown to have dysplasia (and even then it's not certain),
    males are only able to know if they have the low-risk, genital-wart
    causing type of HPV. Low risk meaning low risk for cervical cancer.
    It's funny or odd in a way. Women who have had dysplasia who don't
    inform future partners of it actually aren't putting the male at


    risk.

    Quoted message said:

    They're generally putting the future females he's with at risk, since
    males don't get "pap smears." But, then again, when you consider


    that

    Quoted message said:

    cervical cancer is relatively rare and that women should be getting


    pap

    Quoted message said:

    smears since it's impossible to know whether or not they have a
    high-risk HPV period, it makes it seem like most people are already
    assuming they COULD have a high-risk type of HPV and thus it makes it
    seem less "evil" for not telling. In fact, I would go so far as to


    say

    Quoted message said:

    that if a sexually-active woman isn't having pap smears at the proper
    intervals, the risk either doesn't phase her or she simply doesn't
    know. In the latter case, even if a male would be able to know he


    had

    Quoted message said:

    a high-risk type of HPV and was able to tell her, it would seem MUCH
    more important for her, even if she decided not to sleep with him, to
    be able to understand that she could ALREADY have a high-risk type of
    HPV and thus needs to get pap smears at proper time intervals.
    Withholding that information from someone who doesn't understand


    seems

    Quoted message said:

    to be risking their health even more.

    Of course, maybe I should clarify. Perhaps not all types of HPV that
    cause dyplasia are types that also are high-risk for causing the
    dysplasia to turn into a full-blown, out-of-control cancer. I'm
    honestly not sure.

    Also, I guess a guy could know he has a higher probability of having a
    high-risk form of HPV if a woman has ever had cervical cancer and he
    sleeps with her , but he would never be able to know for absolute
    certain I believe.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.